GHP Website Browser Issues - Mozilla Firefox not viewing shop properly.

Benedikt Farsmann

Hey Mr Gillingham!

I am struggling with your website for more than a year now. It is just impossible to view your shop using Mozilla Firefox browser.

I am sorry that I did not bring it up earlier because I thought it might just be my modded Browser, but since I tested your website on other devices and got the same error, I thought I need to contact you. Sorry for the delay, Wade!

According to Browser Market share:
https://kinsta.com/browser-market-share/

basically 7.69% of users may not be able to view your shop.

Maybe others can confirm. If not, sorry for bothering.

Keep up creating mastercraft grippers!

Kind regards!

-Ben

Link to screenshot: (same as attached below)
https://ibb.co/kcKYg68

GHP.png

I can confirm I have the same issue with Fire Fox I just used another browser if I wanted to view the site.

I have the same problem, been like that for years. It's not just mozilla, have the same problem with opera.

It was the same for me using Chrome until I disabled my adblocker for the site. Maybe something to do with one of the filter lists. 

• Like 2

Couldn't ever view it on any browser. Just now turned my adblocker off on Firefox, and I can view the website perfectly.

• Like 1

I just bought my GHPs from Jackal's Gym (which is owned by Karl Gillingham), Definitely a good site for it

6 hours ago, Jared P said:

Couldn't ever view it on any browser. Just now turned my adblocker off on Firefox, and I can view the website perfectly.

Yes that should fix it. I took a look at the source and some of the stylesheets, scripts are loaded from addresses including the word "ad5". That's unfortunately a red flag for adblockers. 

Edited by matek
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 4:31 PM, Benedikt Farsmann said:

Hey Mr Gillingham!

I am struggling with your website for more than a year now. It is just impossible to view your shop using Mozilla Firefox browser.

I am sorry that I did not bring it up earlier because I thought it might just be my modded Browser, but since I tested your website on other devices and got the same error, I thought I need to contact you. Sorry for the delay, Wade!

According to Browser Market share:
https://kinsta.com/browser-market-share/

basically 7.69% of users may not be able to view your shop.

Maybe others can confirm. If not, sorry for bothering.

Keep up creating mastercraft grippers!

Kind regards!

-Ben

Link to screenshot: (same as attached below)
https://ibb.co/kcKYg68

GHP.png

I hate to state maybe the obvious, but just use another browser. I have 3 on my computer just because of this fact of some sites not supporting a certain one as well. :)

• 1 month later...

I have this problem on all web browsers I use, regardless if I have ad-blocker turned on or off.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Wannagrip said:

I hate to state maybe the obvious, but just use another browser. I have 3 on my computer just because of this fact of some sites not supporting a certain one as well. :)

Me too. But stating the obvious you don't want to alienate your customers.

There are people who don't even know how to download new software on their phones or they don't bother to do so for a single website.

Maybe they just have to use their business devices that can't be altered at all.

Anyways, it seems like my case was not an exception after all.

• Like 1

I will just add that the business owner might not be in control of the customer experience in this respect. For example, my store is through Shopify. I am in control of the content, but if it doesn’t work on certain browsers there is absolutely nothing I can do. If it was widespread and Shopify wasn’t providing enough support I could look into changing platforms but that would be a massive ordeal. 

It might be worth looking into your browser settings and maybe reset to default. The site works perfectly for me on Chrome. If yours isn’t loading properly, it’s more likely a setting on your side. (Disallowed cookies, blocked pop-ups, something else nerdy)