King of the Table 4 - Devon Larratt vs. Levan Saginashvili

Jared P

1 hour ago, matek said:

It wasn't the same Devon as was against Cyplenkov, but Levan is also stronger than he was. It's just hard to see in his case he is so dominant. 

Even if Devon injured a little bit at the beginning, it was still absolutely brutal. The size, weight, and strength difference was enormous. So as an armwrestling match it was boring. 

Probably the only person who would have a chance is Cyplenkov at his prime. But we will never see that. At least I hope not, because I want Cyplenkov to stay healthy, he is such a good guy. 

In some aspects, it kinda sucks to be Levan now. You're a genetic monster born for armwrestling and also put in the work. You're at the top, but you're so dominant no one even comes close. 

Agreed, to all of the above.

As my brother and I joked, Levan has to move on to armwrestling trained silverback gorillas now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stranger said:

Levan can be the best but John's the GOAT. 

Yeah, I was going to specify that in my comment initially. John IS armwrestling. The godfather and ultimate legend of the sport, for decades. The real GOAT. But Levan's the strongest and best to ever do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared P said:

Yeah, I was going to specify that in my comment initially. John IS armwrestling. The godfather and ultimate legend of the sport, for decades. The real GOAT. But Levan's the strongest and best to ever do it.

Well said 

But realistically, who can or could beat Levan? Would a top level strongman like Brian Shaw have to commit to arm wrestling for 2 or more years to give Levan a run?

2 minutes ago, stranger said:

Well said 

But realistically, who can or could beat Levan? Would a top level strongman like Brian Shaw have to commit to arm wrestling for 2 or more years to give Levan a run?

I think prime Dennis Cyplenkov would have a great chance. But I don't think he will try going back to that level. Would be suicide. 

Maybe Vitalik Laletin if he really bulks up (I mean, he has the frame). 

• Like 1

I think prime Denis would give a relatively good challenge but Levan would still win, maybe not 6-0 though. Other than that, Vitaly going all in 160+ kg might give a decent challenge.

Devon Vs. Levan had the expected outcome. I said that I'd be extremely surprised to see Devon take even one round and that would be beyond impressive.

6 hours ago, stranger said:

Well said 

10+ years I would say. Maybe a bit faster for Brian since he has the tools needed, i.e large hands and great grip strength.

With that said, there's no guarantee anyone can be good at armwrestling. Someone might have talent for lifting stones, doesn't mean you will be good in another sport automatically just because it requires strength.

Levan has definitely changed the sport, no doubt. If you want to beat him you need to be very large.

Yup Levan is too strong. The problem is most people are ignorant of Levans strength. They usually go with whom talks more and shows confident instead of studying what the opponents are capable off. Devon spoke a lot and most people thought the stars are aligned with him and especially after the press conference where I saw videos titles on YouTube that Levan is scared or lost the mental battle. Nope Levan just wasn't interested in replying and his ways isn't trash talk. Many of the same people last year were chanting that Michael Todd is the undisputed champion of the world or some kind of that phrase. They don't know their right from left. Levan was also sick, he had the flu. With that being said, the most realistic opponents are Vitaly (healthy jacked) and Dmitri. Devon also agree's and added a prime Denis (which will return soon but hopefully not to where he was because of his past health issues) and other Europeans like Alex and Ermes. Let's see. Maybe the Lion will get bored before anyone strong arises. 

I stayed loyal to Devon though and rooted for him until the end. He is okay and said he thinks he has a partial muscle tear. Nothing serious. Devon also told me that he thinks Levan is stronger than prime Denis based on x, y, and z reasons. He said the past 6 month was really tiring with all the food and training. I can't now wait to see Devon against the likes of Vitaly, Dmiti, Alex, Ermes and of course Dave Chaffee.

Devon is our champion and will always be a champion and is one of the faces of Armwrestling along with the GOAT John Brzenk.

image.thumb.jpeg.d0a42a86a98bb4f715dd9ae0062ad8eb.jpeg

• Like 5