Thoughts on the Silarukov Parallel adjustable handgripper

DevilErik

So I was checking out the Silarukov website and came across this thing.

https://mrstronghands.com/silarukov_parallel_handgripper

This is like the PERFECT gripper for me because it allows me to train parallel sets without having to set the gripper.

Do you guys think it's a useful gripper and/or is there anyone that has experience training with this gripper?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Edited by DevilErik

Never used one but it looks interesting. I'm sure its useful... Do you need it to advance with your grippers? No, but sometimes working the same thing, but in a different way can be extremely useful, and help balance things out.  I'd say, from reading your logs, its sounds like a good buy for you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Never used one but it looks interesting. I'm sure its useful... Do you need it to advance with your grippers? No, but sometimes working the same thing, but in a different way can be extremely useful, and help balance things out.  I'd say, from reading your logs, its sounds like a good buy for you.

Thanks for your input man I also think it could be extremely useful.

This thing goes beyond coc 4 range which means that I can stop buying grippers until I am ready to certify.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Thanks for your input man I also think it could be extremely useful.

This thing goes beyond coc 4 range which means that I can stop buying grippers until I am ready to certify.

I would like to buy one at some point, never gave them much attention until now.. Just bought another Rolling Grip Thing handle (scratch and dent sale, half off) and Vulcan yesterday...  And i'm gonna buy a couple things from Arm Assassin soon, but I'm going to keep my eyes out for one of these on ebay or here.  

And  I mean it when I say it, it seems like this gripper was designed for you! Buy it.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I would like to buy one at some point, never gave them much attention until now.. Just bought another Rolling Grip Thing handle (scratch and dent sale, half off) and Vulcan yesterday...  And i'm gonna buy a couple things from Arm Assassin soon, but I'm going to keep my eyes out for one of these on ebay or here.  

Awesome!

Arm assassin has awesome stuff I am definitely going to buy some things from them in the future.

I am one of those people that is going to end up spending 2k on grip stuff lol.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome!

Arm assassin has awesome stuff I am definitely going to buy some things from them in the future.

I am one of those people that is going to end up spending 2k on grip stuff lol.

You and me both.. Just remember, this stuff retains its value pretty well.

• Like 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

You and me both.. Just remember, this stuff retains its value pretty well.

I don't think I will end up selling stuff lol I am way too addicted to grip.

I have OCGD obsessive compulsive grip disorder.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I don't think I will end up selling stuff lol I am way too addicted to grip.

I have OCGD obsessive compulsive grip disorder.

I would be a little nervous ordering something from Russia right now. But maybe because you are already in Europe, its not as risky.

• Like 1

I would be a little nervous ordering something from Russia right now. But maybe because you are already in Europe, its not as risky.

I am not nervous at all but I won't be buying it anytime soon anyway.

Edited by DevilErik

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

I am not nervous at all.

well then, get gripping! Looking forward to reading your progress with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

well then, get gripping! Looking forward to reading your progress with it.

I need to get a loading pin and plates first so it will be a while until I get it but I am definitely going to get it.

I want to become more well rounded I am kind of a one trick pony right now.

Edited by DevilErik

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Oh you meant because it may not arrive because of sanctions.

Yeah I think I should wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Oh you meant because it may not arrive because of sanctions.

Yeah I think I should wait.

Yeah thats what I meant... Also nothing wrong with being a one trick pony. Better off focusing on one or two grip related things at a time.. As opposed to like 6 on top of my regular workout, like I used to do and got no where. If I focused on only 1 or 2 things I'd be really good at them by now..  Its all part of the journey.  

• Like 1

Yeah thats what I meant... Also nothing wrong with being a one trick pony. Better off focusing on one or two grip related things at a time.. As opposed to like 6 on top of my regular workout, like I used to do and got no where. If I focused on only 1 or 2 things I'd be really good at them by now..  Its all part of the journey.  

True but I literally don't have any real experience with pinch or thickbar.

So I am pretty much a complete newbie when it comes to pinch and thickbar.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

I've seen quite a few of these come through Rate and Return as well as people having us score certain increments on the spring. They are adjustable, which is nice, and the narrow stance is good for a "choker" experience. 

There are a few things I would point out:

• The "ride" is really mooshy. The handles move very easily at first and all the difficulty is in the last little bit. 
  • The easiest the gripper can get is a rating around 150. So if you're not good for that, you cannot use the gripper (except maybe forced reps). 
  • The hardest you can make them is about 200 lbs. Curiously, the limit is not based on running out of room to move the handles up the legs. Rather, around 200 lbs, there is enough spring leg sticking out the bottom of the handle that the spring ends touch before the handles are closed. 

All things considered, they are easy to use and effective for ratings between about 150 and 200. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

I've seen quite a few of these come through Rate and Return as well as people having us score certain increments on the spring. They are adjustable, which is nice, and the narrow stance is good for a "choker" experience. 

There are a few things I would point out:

• The "ride" is really mooshy. The handles move very easily at first and all the difficulty is in the last little bit. 
  • The easiest the gripper can get is a rating around 150. So if you're not good for that, you cannot use the gripper (except maybe forced reps). 
  • The hardest you can make them is about 200 lbs. Curiously, the limit is not based on running out of room to move the handles up the legs. Rather, around 200 lbs, there is enough spring leg sticking out the bottom of the handle that the spring ends touch before the handles are closed. 

All things considered, they are easy to use and effective for ratings between about 150 and 200. 

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

I think it would be a great gripper for me.

I should be able to close the easiest setting but I am not entirely sure I don't have that much experience with different grippers.

I have an ivanko super gripper, a Vulcan v2 and some off brand torsion spring grippers.

I have closed the off brand 300 lbs non rated gripper from a set slightly narrower than CCS.

I am also a terrible setter so I really don't know how difficult parallel sets are compared to wider sets.

I have never done parallel sets before because my set is so weak compared to my close there are grippers that I can close without a set that I can't even set past credit card range.

Based on the info you gave me I think it'll be a good fit so I will definitely buy it.

Thanks again for the info.

Edited by DevilErik
Way too much unnecessary information.
  • Like 2

Not exactly the same gripper, but I have a very similar one. The spread on mine is wider of 30mm/1.18", but the idea is the same. Because there is no scoring on the steel bar with this one, adjusting the handles with the hex screws can be annoying (you have to use the scored cardboard that came with the gripper), but not that bad. Not sure if the Silarukov has markings on the bar or not. As @Cannon mentioned, the beginning is easy then it gets super hard super fast. I would describe the feeling as a parallel choked gripper but wider, where the beginning is easier so you don't have to be explosive but around 10mm it's a sudden brick wall if you're not "prepared". 

According to some guy's measurements, the one I have starts at RGC 128 at the bottom (I found this to be kinda accurate compared to my rated grippers). It goes to humanly impossible difficulties at the other end (but the steel bar ends would probably touch before that anyway). 

Overall, it was cheap and I like using it a lot. 

20220328.jpg.720c20bb2ca8c0fdc1e4767bfe08ad60.jpg

Edited by matek
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, matek said:

Not exactly the same gripper, but I have a very similar one. The spread on mine is wider of 30mm/1.18", but the idea is the same. Because there is no scoring on the steel bar with this one, adjusting the handles with the hex screws can be annoying (you have to use the scored cardboard that came with the gripper), but not that bad. Not sure if the Silarukov has markings on the bar or not. As @Cannon mentioned, the beginning is easy then it gets super hard super fast. I would describe the feeling as a parallel choked gripper but wider, where the beginning is easier so you don't have to be explosive but around 10mm it's a sudden brick wall if you're not "prepared". 

According to some guy's measurements, the one I have starts at RGC 128 at the bottom (I found this to be kinda accurate compared to my rated grippers). It goes to humanly impossible difficulties at the other end (but the steel bar ends would probably touch before that anyway). 

Overall, it was cheap and I like using it a lot. 

20220328.jpg.720c20bb2ca8c0fdc1e4767bfe08ad60.jpg

That's exactly what I need.

I need the final part of the close to be insanely hard.

I am an explosive closer I need to learn how to explode through that brick wall.

My closes often fall short at the VERY end of the range beyond parallel.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, DevilErik said:

Do you guys think it's a useful gripper and/or is there anyone that has experience training with this gripper?

I picked up a similar gripper from AliExpress a couple of years ago - searching for "u shape hand gripper" on their site will bring up a few results. They're cheaper than the Silurakov version, and the quality is decent too. Plus it's not a good time to be ordering things from Russia.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daveyboy said:

I picked up a similar gripper from AliExpress a couple of years ago - searching for "u shape hand gripper" on their site will bring up a few results. They're cheaper than the Silurakov version, and the quality is decent too. Plus it's not a good time to be ordering things from Russia.

Thanks for the tip but I really don't want to get cheap stuff that was made in China.

I am not going to risk damaging my hand because of cheaply made stuff I'd rather just wait and buy the silarukov one in a few months from now.

Edited by DevilErik