Looking For An Easy #4

austinslater

Im trying to find an easy 4 to try or buy. Ive got a ton of grip toys to trade or I would be willing to pay a good price for a 4. Thanks guys

Austin.... bro, there ARE no easy #4's. If there are, they are just hard #3's.

Im looking for a step inbetween my current grippers and my 4, Both my 4's are on the harder side and I would like one that wasnt to fill in the gap. My elite,.295 etc are a totally different ballgame. I dont want one that is easy to certify cause you have to squeeze a new one out of the bag anyways at the cert. but it would still be fun for training purposes

Im looking for a step inbetween my current grippers and my 4, Both my 4's are on the harder side and I would like one that wasnt to fill in the gap. My elite,.295 etc are a totally different ballgame. I dont want one that is easy to certify cause you have to squeeze a new one out of the bag anyways at the cert. but it would still be fun for training purposes

Actually, you have to "come close" whatever that means. Does that mean an inch, two inches, 1/8"? It's not in the current rules listing on the IronMind site.

Maybe Dave Morton can shed some light on how close he had to come with the one out of the bag for John Brookfield. I am sure John must have told him how close he had to be.

IM curious also how close you have to be. I do like the idea in theory though it works if someone has an unusually easy 4. Im sure there are some out there and I would like to try one.

randy strossen said close. the only numbers said was something to this effect, if some can close thier #4, but only git a new one 1"- 1 1/2", then they would have to step back and think. or somthing to that effect.

i dint git the impression there was a fixed number to git down to. i also believe some common sence would play into it as well. if you had just did one single close, and then tried the new one, i woulda expected you'd have had to gotton very close. after several squeeses and such, maybe give a little more "room" .John B didn't say how far the close had to be . I tried the new 4 towards the end of the day unchalked and squeesed until John said ok thats good. Never seen how close.

so i think its just a common sence judgeemtn call. a good idea for a witness who may not be able to tell what a 4 is supposed to feel like, and whose just there to eyeball the close.

Do you have a Super Elite? I would think this would be considerably harder than your 295's but easier than your #4.

-HH

HI, my super elite is a beast, I think I got one like Heath and its as hard as my 4's

Give Warren Tetting a call. I have a SE that is harder than my #4, but a few months ago I had him modify another SE so that it is about a 3.5. He can make any strength of gripper you want by adjusting either the wire size, spring depth, or handle spread. Modification is only $10+the cost of the gripper. Much easier than hunting for an easy #4 IMO.

He narrorwed the handles to 2 5/8" and set the spring slightly higher. I really can't tell that the spring is set any higher than any of my other grippers, so I'm not sure how hard the current Super Elite is.