A Couple New Videos

Wade Gillingham

http://www.jackalsgym.com/gallery/brad-inch.wmv

I wouldn't put this one up but I did make this lift twice before my wife showed up with the camera and I don't plan to try it again for awhile - so for now, this is the best I can show...

http://www.jackalsgym.com/gallery/wade-3-35s.wmv

Great Clips Wade! Brad looks like he could lift just about anything. The inch seemed to pose no problems. Has he ever tried a clean with it?

Brad will be lifting in the IPF World Powerlifting Championship next sunday. He is about 340 right now. No, he's never tried to clean it - he's just happy to lift it for now after the two bicep injuries the last two years.

Wade do you know what Brad will try to hit in the Deadlift?

It will depend on where he is at in the meet. He is capable of 850+ at this time.

WOW!!!! Super impressive!

Brad makes the Inch look like a foam covered 5lb ladies dumbell at Wal-Mart, he's huge.....

Excellent job with the 3 35's Wade!!

Hammerhead said the same thing I was thinking, once again Holy Shi*! :rock 3-35s ? My God, I would have to visit a plastic surgeon for finger ext., even if I could lift that monster! How wide is that Wade? Great job ! :bow Mike

Wade has incredibly strong thumbs ! Very inspiring :bow

EDIT: I just realised there seems to be a bar (rod ?) through the plates which would of course make the lift slightly easier. I know i am quibbling here but that would not exactly be a "3*35s pinch lift" as i understand it. Still MIGHTY impressive though :D

That's right - there is a loading pin that weighs around 2 pounds in the center. I still don't have 3 plates that fit together flat so they don't fan out on the bottom when I pinch them. The bar helps hold the plates together. I thought it was obvious from the video so I didn't mention it.

I'm "pullin" for your brother to win the worlds. Second choice: Brian Siders.

Amazing pinch! Having a rod in the plates hasn't seemed to really boost my pinch, when the plates are completely flat. But that's just me. Maybe the help afforded by the rod is too small to notice.

Edited by EricMilfeld

Eric: it does help a little to maintain the plates together on a very hard pinch, if not why using a rod ;) I agree that it is just a very small help.

Wade: i know you're a class act and as you said it is very obvious in the video that you used a rod and you didn't try to hide it. Once again i was quiblling on the fact that it is not EXACTLY a 3*35s plates pinch. I hope some understand :mellow

Eric: it does help a little to maintain the plates together on a very hard pinch, if not why using a rod ;) I agree that it is just a very small help.

Wade: i know you're a class act and as you said it is very obvious in the video that you used a rod and you didn't try to hide it. Once again i was quiblling on the fact that it is not EXACTLY a 3*35s plates pinch. I hope some understand :mellow

Why do I use a rod? For adding additional weight. My intent was not to dismiss your your very valid point, Amaury, only to share my personal limited experience with the use of rods. ;)

Has anyone ever been able to pinch 3 x 35 with or without a rod apart from Wade? Not that I know of. Wade could well have the strongest pinchgrip in the world currently, and possibly of all time. :bow

Wade could well have the strongest pinchgrip in the world currently, and possibly of all time. :bow

Absolutely! Same class as Richard Sorin, David Horne, Bruce White, etc...

Has anyone ever been able to pinch 3 x 35 with or without a rod apart from Wade? Not that I know of. Wade could well have the strongest pinchgrip in the world currently, and possibly of all time. :bow

Yes I agree. It seems no matter what the pinch grip test is he is off the charts with it.

Wade could well have the strongest pinchgrip in the world currently,  and possibly of all time.  :bow

Absolutely! Same class as Richard Sorin, David Horne, Bruce White, etc...

IF Wade is the ONLY one to have lifted 3X35 via pinch??Then it would appear that he is in a class by himself. ;):D

For some reason i was unable to view the video...but cool reports.