Handkerchief Barbell Hammer Curl 132 LB

Kluv#0

Idea from reading an article from John Brookfield(legend in grip) who would use thick towels for his hammer barbell curls. Not great form but this was first time trying these. Thicker towels are actually harder than the hanky. 95lb would be great range to work the hands using thick and thin towels.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

Idea from reading an article from John Brookfield(legend in grip) who would use thick towels for his hammer barbell curls. Not great form but this was first time trying these. Thicker towels are actually harder than the hanky. 95lb would be great range to work the hands using thick and thin towels.

That's freaking awesome!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

That's freaking awesome!

Thank you big man! I enjoy trying new exercises and this one was pretty darn hard. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you big man! I enjoy trying new exercises and this one was pretty darn hard. 

I can imagine! It sure looks brutal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong work. I used to do lots of single arm towel hammer curls and using both arms would be a nice challenge. 

Isnt the objective to keep the wrists up from bending back/radial deviation though? 

11 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Strong work. I used to do lots of single arm towel hammer curls and using both arms would be a nice challenge. 

Isnt the objective to keep the wrists up from bending back/radial deviation though? 

Iam "showing off" and having fun by bringing that type of weight to middle of my head for a single. It would be virtually impossible using a short hanky and that weight to keep wrists straight up to middle of head.  Below pic 94LB form.

703560378_hammer2.png.bdc28e9a40b530ef5b002b662b72027f.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Iam "showing off" and having fun by bringing that type of weight to middle of my head for a single. It would be virtually impossible using a short hanky and that weight to keep wrists straight up to middle of head.  Below pic 94LB form.

703560378_hammer2.png.bdc28e9a40b530ef5b002b662b72027f.png

Ok Thanks i see, i wasnt sure if you did all yours sets like that. It would be a great arm wrestling training exercise. Ill have to have a try. My towels bunch up pretty thick but itll be fun trying it.