It's Been A Year!

Jonathan McMillan

After seeing Bender's post along a similar vein (think it was in Eric's blue bending training log) I wanted to do a similar one.

I joined the gripboard at the end of last October Just wanted to post a thanks to everyone and to reflect on the past year.

First off, I've been very fortunate in getting to compete at Rick Walker's BFGS and meeting everyone at the contest...so much inspiration out of that weekend!!!

Then I travelled to Peterborough last weekend and had a killer session with the Straub brothers!!!

Back when I started on the board I could only shut the trainer, had a decent plate pinch from practicing and couldn't plate wristcurl a 25lb plate and probably would have struggled to bend a coat hanger. Now I can shut a #2, bend a variety of 60d nails, platewristcurl a 25lb plate + additional weight clamped to the far side. My supporting grip is now decent enough that my back is the weakest link for any lifts now (aside from bars thicker then 2" ;) ).

I've learned so much from this place Thanks guys!!!!! I think it'd be neat as everyone's start on the board comes along if they take the time to write down something similar.

Jon@han

Yes. I just found this webpage a couple of weeks ago. This website is the BEST. My favorite one. People here are very inspiring and motivating. Nothing like tearing ones hands apart. Awesome stuff. I will throw a shout out to everyone on this board for being awesome and inspiring me to do better. Diesel crew rules with thier videos!!!!!!!!!..thanks guys!!!!!!!!

You are right this is the best place for grip.

I've learned so much here in all aspects of grip.

Thanks to everyone for all you've taught me.

-HH

Awesome progress in a year Jonathan.

Wish I could progress with my bending like you have! :rock

And you are right this is the place to be!!

Thanks for all the help gripboard!!!!

This grip board is the best. Grip training is the best Grip training should the the main point of anyone's training. Stronger hands, stronger body!!!!!!!!1

You are definitely one of the most improved gripsters, Jonathan! I can hardly believe that in one day I'll be celebrating my one year anniversary. You know what they say about time and fun. And in that time I've improved from eight reps on the #1 to four reps with the #3. And now I've discovered the thrill of bending, and well, life is good...

Edited by EricMilfeld

This board is only awesome,supoerb,great,cool,inspirational,motivational etc

because of BILL and all the sponsors and members,we all contribute to make it what it is :bow:bow

This board is only awesome,supoerb,great,cool,inspirational,motivational etc

because of BILL and all the sponsors and members,we all contribute to make it what it is :bow:bow

Word to that! It says it all.

I also like the fact that whether one is new to the board or a veteren to it, everyones opinion is given its due respect and the only heirachy round here is what gripper you are on! :D

Digz.