Vintage Golds gym 20kg Globe Dumbbells

mcalpine1986

Ive just bought these old cast iron 20kg pair of Golds gym dumbbells. 

They have barely been used and in very good condition. They have thick 45mm handles and the globes are 5" around, they both weigh spot on 20kg.

I love old time Globe dumbbells and these are hard to find. Ive googled them but i cant find anything about them. Does anyone know what year these started getting produced? Or any other info about them? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

20220212_083058.jpg

20220212_082656.jpg

20220212_082924.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 6

I spent some time today looking it up, I couldn't find them anywhere either. Strange. They look awesome though. Real old school Iron 💪

• Like 1

Way 😎 cool , I have seen a few Globe Dumbbell’s but I never seen any like these 

nice hit , nice addition to a collection 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I spent some time today looking it up, I couldn't find them anywhere either. Strange. They look awesome though. Real old school Iron 💪

Thanks, Ive been searching for stuff for hours and cant find anything on them terry. I know golds opened in 1965 and i believe they started selling branded weights in the 70s. I believe these are from the late 70s, early 80s so maybe 40-45 years old but not 100%. 

Im the 3rd owner, my mate who i bought them off is just a collector of rare items and didnt use them and he bought them off an old man who said he barely used them. They are in very good condition and you can tell they have been barely used. 

I was searching on IG and i came accross a man who has a 15kg pair who happens to be from newcastle, same as me..he said he bought they from someone local who didnt know anything about them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Way 😎 cool , I have seen a few Globe Dumbbell’s but I never seen any like these 

nice hit , nice addition to a collection 

Thanks man, they really are cool. Ive only ever seen old york or jackson brand. Or very old tiny globe bells you but never golds gym.

Ill be using these all the time. Now time to grow a handlebar moustache 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1