Is anyone strong enough to break someones hand...

Blacksmith513

I mean a regular person, not some 80 year old grandma..I forgot about the story until my dad talked about it last week. Supposedly when my grandpa as stationed in Germany, he got in a fight with a cop, the cop went after him with a night stick, my grandpa somehow grabbed the cops hands and felt them crush.🤣  I think he spent a night or two in jail for that one.  I've talked about my grandfather a ton here as the stories of his strength are what really got me into wanted strong hands.  

I personally don't ever plan on fighting anyone, if I ever do something dumb enough that a cop comes after me, no matter how strong I get I'm not gotta try breaking his hands.. The story is true,  and I believe he probably thought he broke the guys hands. I'm just wondering if its actually possible too. 

• Like 1

Yes.

Slim…

and he had hand crushing strength in his 70’s

• Like 2

The average person could likely break the hand of another average person if they were relaxed. Bones aren't that strong. I don't think anybody could break the hands of the top grip guys tho, not even each other due to the amount of supporting tissue they have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Yes.

Slim…

and he had hand crushing strength in his 70’s

Yup, Slim could without a doubt.  Really the only memories I have of my grandpa is him talking about his military service, and one time playing on his lap and him flexing and even though i only 5 or 6, I couldn't believe how hard and big his arms where for an old guy.  I also remember his handshake... Obviously he never hurt me but it left an impression on me.

Edited by Blacksmith513

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

The average person could likely break the hand of another average person if they were relaxed. Bones aren't that strong. I don't think anybody could break the hands of the top grip guys tho, not even each other due to the amount of supporting tissue they have. 

Yup, I don't see anyone breaking Jedd, or Hornes hands or a a lot of members here unless they smashed them with a sledgehammer.  

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I mean a regular person, not some 80 year old grandma..I forgot about the story until my dad talked about it last week. Supposedly when my grandpa as stationed in Germany, he got in a fight with a cop, the cop went after him with a night stick, my grandpa somehow grabbed the cops hands and felt them crush.🤣  I think he spent a night or two in jail for that one.  I've talked about my grandfather a ton here as the stories of his strength are what really got me into wanted strong hands.  

I personally don't ever plan on fighting anyone, if I ever do something dumb enough that a cop comes after me, no matter how strong I get I'm not gotta try breaking his hands.. The story is true,  and I believe he probably thought he broke the guys hands. I'm just wondering if its actually possible too. 

Absolutely brother! While human hands and feet are designed to adapt, heal, and take abuse, there are small bones in the hands that can be fractured if someone is grabbed and held forcefully in an unexpected manner. I remember during the Port of Miami tunnel project, I came across a rock climber from Arizona the shifted the bones in my hand during a handshake. It felt like an ape grabbed my hand .. I felt my hands crunch and I knew this strength was more than just hard work. After speaking with him he told me of his years of climbing experience and training. He even complimented me on the firmness of my grip but I had to humbly confess that his grip was gorilla like by comparison! Yes brother, a person can have their hands broken or fractured by a person with an ape like grip! Really great post!🤙

Edited by Ole' Puller
Typo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ole' Puller said:

Absolutely brother! While human hands and feet are designed to adapt, heal, and take abuse, there are small bones in the hands that can be fractured if someone is grabbed and held forcefully in an unexpected manner. I remember during the Port of Miami tunnel project, I came across a rock climber from Arizona the shifted the bones in my hand during a handshake. It felt like an ape grabbed my hand .. I felt my hands crunch and I knew this strength was more than just hard work. After speaking with him he told me of his years of climbing experience and training. He even complimented me on the firmness of my grip but I had to humbly confess that his grip was gorilla like by comparison! Yes brother, a person can have their hands broken or fractured by a person with an ape like grip! Really great post!🤙

Thats interesting. Those rock climbers do have crazy grip strength..  You can learn lot about somebody, just by shaking their hand and looking them in the eye. 

• Like 1