hand gripper , Warren Tetting

John Knowlton

How many hand gripper series did Warren Tetting make ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

How many hand gripper series did Warren Tetting make ?

What do you mean by series?

The different names Warren called the grippers he made for different companies.

• Like 1

Did Warren have a wed site that he sold from

25 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

The different names Warren called the grippers he made for different companies.

In that respect I believe the companies came up with those.

When I started CPW, we originally listed Tetting's grippers as "Beef Builder". We were contacted by Weightlifters Warehouse who said that was their branding and we should not use the same name. They also said we should not use the names Master, Grand Master, Elite, etc however I talked to Warren about it and he felt he had personally used those names just as much and they were as much his as anyone else. I didn't have any issue not using the Beef Builder name so we just called the line Warren Tetting.   

Nutrition Geeks also just called them Warren Tetting but rebranded the names as T-Series. I used Wayback Machine to confirm they just listed the brand as Warren Tetting.

Thor was Warren's own decision to name his own company and start stamping that on the grippers. 

Mash Monster was Bill Piche and the GripBoard's innovation. 

The Hybrid Tettings were my idea. Warren contacted us about material costs rising and he was going to raise prices. I pitched the new line of grippers simply so we could order more from him and he agreed to keep the pricing the same. I had always liked the Hybrid idea. Still some of my favorite grippers. 

I don't know that Warren ever named the 5/8" grippers. Nor the Extendeds. Those I always felt where just part of his own line that he eventually named Thor. 

• Thanks 3

I  have a set of grippers that i got after talking to him one day ,but I cant remember were i got them from 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Knowlton said:

I  have a set of grippers that i got after talking to him one day ,but I cant remember were i got them from 

A lot of people ordered direct with Warren. His phone number circulated pretty well. 

There is a site I saw once for Thor Strength Equipment. I doubt it's still up. I don't believe you ordered there but it had contact info and you would call and order with Warren.  (I think, not sure on that one but I remember the site.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I don't believe you ordered there but it had contact info and you would call and order with Warren.  (I think, not sure on that one but I remember the site.)

There is some broken stuff cached on Wayback Machine. There was an online store button so I clicked it and there do seem to be "add to cart" buttons. The website was www.thorstrengthequipment.com. So it looks like you could order from that site maybe only for a brief spell in like 2013.

• Like 1

Of course Wade carried Tetting grippers at the Gripper Superstore until he moved over to strictly GHP which was 2012. Wade was using the Beef Builder name. He also sold Mash Monster replicas but that was with Bill Piche's permission, not Warren's. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cannon said:

There is some broken stuff cached on Wayback Machine. There was an online store button so I clicked it and there do seem to be "add to cart" buttons. The website was www.thorstrengthequipment.com. So it looks like you could order from that site maybe only for a brief spell in like 2013.

Yep, when the site was active, I placed an order with them with the "add to cart" button. The site was simple. Shame the line couldn't continue.

• Like 2

It's a shame they are gone nowadays, those were some solid grippers. Getting them now is way more expensive and difficult, but (luckily) still possible sometimes 😄

• Like 2

Man there's so much history behind the name Tetting. I love watching mighty Joe's gripper collection videos. So much work and effort involved. Wish Joe was still around. We used to chat up until early 21 I think. After that he disappeared. 

Matt, thanks for the info. I know I've seen you post about it in older posts. Will have to go through this stuff a couple of times to memorize it lol 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I bought the full t series from nutritionnerdz about 10 years ago. Glad I did. 

• Like 1

We are honored with the MashMonster certification that all of the MM grippers were made special to spec by Warren. :)  

• Like 3

November 22, 2003 Heath Sexton was the very first MashMonster.  The MashMonster certs will be 19 years old this year!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

November 22, 2003 Heath Sexton was the very first MashMonster.  The MashMonster certs will be 19 years old this year!

Congrats to Heath(legendary gripster no doubt) and MashMonster certs. IMO, Gripboard MashMonster is the best Gripper certification in world.  Unique that everyone attempts the same grippers , 3 judge panel, stringent rules, no exact rating of grippers and the feature I like the best is the strength chasm between MM2 and MM3 - that is remarkable and proves who has great crush grip. Well-done Bill and many others!

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Congrats to Heath(legendary gripster no doubt) and MashMonster certs. IMO, Gripboard MashMonster is the best Gripper certification in world.  Unique that everyone attempts the same grippers , 3 judge panel, stringent rules, no exact rating of grippers 

^^ So much this 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 4