Devon Larratt coming to Austin Monday

stranger

Devin just put out this short video out say that he's coming to Austin Texas on Monday. He's looking for people to pull/train with. Anyone on here gonna go? 

• Like 2

Not a puller but that's freaking awesome. I'm a huge fan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Not a puller but that's freaking awesome. I'm a huge fan 

Yea, same here. I just know there's a few pullers on here and wanna see if any of them will try and make it out there. 

• Like 1

Saw this and talked to a few Texas pullers about it. Unfortunately it seems there isn’t going to be much of a turnout due to work schedules for everyone. Since it’s kind of a last minute thing it seems. “Much of a turnout” meaning all active Texas pullers won’t be there.

sounds like all the Austin guys will be there tho. So it may “look” like a decent turnout if there is video. But the only good Texas pullers that I know of that will be there is Dmitriy, and Grey Grey. So unless some strong pullers are coming in from out of state, Dmitriy is the only guy that will be able to even get Devon to sweat a bit. I suspect that Lindley Keating will be there as well. So between Lindley and Dmitriy, you’ll be seeing what the #1 left hand super heavy and the #1 right hand 242 in Texas will look like vs Devon. And in all reality, Dmitriy could arguably be considered Texas #1 right hand super as well, since he beat Robbie in a super match right hand about a year ago.

so I guess you’ll at least get to see what our strongest pullers look like against Devon. Regardless of not ideal turnout.

If all the active pullers here were able to make it you’d be looking at about a 100 man practice, depending on location.

bummer too. I’d love to get to at least meet Devon. As would many other Texas pullers in my area.

This practice is a bit different than when Jerry Cadorette came down. Jerry gave us almost 2 months notice and it was on a weekend. On that one we actually had to limit who could show up due to parking issues. But we still were able to squeeze about 30 people onto the guys property that hosted.

• Like 2

Also want to follow up on another post and help a guy out.

As I was making my previous post, I did think about it. And came to the definite realization that if someone stole your pic from your avatar off one of your posts in an actual thread, then it would also include whatever member badge you’ve earned.

example:

1B70D3FD-A129-4B83-9688-4D74FC4F8169.thumb.jpeg.496ca6d528ae2c0b485d6a74e7494edb.jpeg

so if it doesn’t have that, and if your profile pic was the same as your avatar, then who ever stole it most definitely stole it from your profile. And their name will be listed on your profile views. For 100% certain.

so it does look like a lot of people are there.. but as I suspected, I don’t spot any bonafide Texas pullers. Not in this video anyways.

possibly lots of groupies, and or just bar patrons who don’t even know who Devon is, or that competitive arm wrestling is even a thing.

which, as I said above, is sort of a bummer. Devon coming down should never not create an excellent turnout.

• Like 1

I take it back… Nubbs (the guy with 1 arm, and yes! that is the name he himself introduces by) is standing almost right behind him.

Nubbs ain’t a bad puller.

I just don’t see anyone else I recognize. What a shame.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I take it back… Nubbs (the guy with 1 arm, and yes! that is the name he himself introduces by) is standing almost right behind him.

Nubbs ain’t a bad puller.

I just don’t see anyone else I recognize. What a shame.

I watched a few minutes last night, the second guy he pulled seemed pretty good. Popeye? I think his name was. Masters senior I think he pulls in?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stranger said:

I watched a few minutes last night, the second guy he pulled seemed pretty good. Popeye? I think his name was. Masters senior I think he pulls in?

Yessir he’s a bit older. Masters class and under 200 for sure. I’ve seen him around.

also as I’m seeing a little bit more video, Greg grey and Dmitriy were definitely there. From what I’ve seen, Dmitriy was the only guy there to make Devon work to get out of a bad spot. Which is pretty incredible to me that Devon allowed Dmitriy to put him in a compromised position and still power through it!.. Dmitriy is arguably Texas’ baddest puller, left and right. Yet Devon made it look not very hard at all.
Danny Gillean was there it looked like, Nubbs, popeye, and the current #1 texas left hand 154. Can’t remember his name, but I’ve seen him around a lot. He’s currently #1 ranked in that class solely because Michael Hann hasn’t decided to bump him and take his spot. Which is chivalrous of Michael, considering those two have trained a lot together. Michael is legit strong AF. For example, even when I was over 250lbs and Michael was exactly 154, I’ve still to this day never even come close to pinning his left hand. And have to redline to pin his right.

it is a bummer there weren’t any ranked supers there it seems. Although before coming off facetious in mentioning the lack of ranked Texas supers that attended (or didn’t, rather), I will point out the short notice and the fact that it was a Monday as their defense for not being there. and besides, based off how Dmitriy looked against Devon, it’s almost certain that none of our top supers would have made him bat an eye.

I hate that I missed it though.. not that I’d have been able to budge devon.. but it would have been cool to meet him and grip up once or twice. If nothing else, just to see what the strongest of the strong felt like on the table.

so far I’m fairly certain the strongest pullers I’ve gripped up with are Jerry Cadorette and MMT. By a long shot. And Devon has beat them both, convincingly. MMT is legit strong AF btw. None of the Texas guys could get him to even think about popping down in the kings move. He pinned us all while staying above the table. Lol

• Like 2

As a fellow 154 pounder it's nice to see there's hope and that I don't get the luxury of using my weight as an excuse to be or not be strong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Climber028 said:

As a fellow 154 pounder it's nice to see there's hope and that I don't get the luxury of using my weight as an excuse to be or not be strong. 

Michael Hann is the real deal man. ..he hates when I do this, but it’s because he’s such a humble guy… I’m gonna ahead and mention his accolades here once again.

Michael Hann is arguably Texas’ best native Texan puller. There is another Texan that has gone further than Michael in worlds. His name is Ron Erdman. Having said that, I still believe Michael is Texas most decorated puller via accolades, and overall table ability. Michael has finished number 7 or so left hand at worlds in the 54’s, and number 8 or so right hand 54’s. So if he’s not injured, and is active, there is hands down, zero question that he’s a top 10 puller in the world in his class on both hands. And has no problem with attending an hours (plural) long practice pulling guys 100lbs heavier than him.

there are a few of us heavier guys who can and do get pins on him. But none of us have similar world level accolades, respective to our weight classes like he does. He’s a legit puller, through and through. Side note…. And this is going out on a limb a bit maybe… but IMO, I don’t believe there is but maybe 3-4 Texas guys, tops, on all weight classes that can pin him on both* arms while he is healthy, active, and training. I won’t be so bold as to name any names.. but I am not one of them! I can only get his right hand, and I can only do that when I’m feeling strong, have no pain anywhere, and am fresh, AND I have to hit him with everything I’ve got, fast, off a ready go. …and even on the right hand it can be a no if we start with a slow pull.

And even for us guys well over 200lbs, pinning Michael even in a practice is not only a tall order, but also a proud achievement. If you can get a pin on Michael at any weight, and without cheating him, you may call yourself a bonafide arm wrestler in my book. And you have zero business pulling the amateur class after a pin on that guy. Again…. This applies to a guy in ANY weight class. And no matter your vitamin regiment either. 

needless to say, he is one of my favorite people to pull with. Not only a formidable guy on the table even at his size, but also a super fun guy to be around, and a very smart guy to learn table IQ from. And he’s not bad at identifying an injury you might have, and then giving some great pointers how to remedy/sooth the injury at home.

so yeah, an elite 154lb’er ain’t no joke even for a strong superheavy. For comparisons, he’s like a mini, scaled down Ermes. Just without the obnoxious/arrogant personality.

edit: and please don’t tell him I was saying nice shit about him if you know him or see him…. I like him to think I’m talkin shit all the time instead.

…makes for more intense pulling sessions with him. 😬

Edited by Tommy J.