318 LB 3" Axle Hang 38 seconds - Thumbless

Kluv#0

38 seconds. Not too shabby for broken down 55 year old. Started doing BWT hangs for active recovery(broscience) on my birthday a couple weeks ago. Decided to add some weight this A.M. TBH, putting that axle up by myself was harder than this hang, LOL

Edited by Kluv#0
additional info
  • Like 6

That looks a lot harder than just putting the bar on a rack like I've seen before, nice to add in the extra instability I might have to try this one. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

That looks a lot harder than just putting the bar on a rack like I've seen before, nice to add in the extra instability I might have to try this one. 

You having a climbing background would kick butt on this. My buddy has a rack set up with axle and it is slightly harder with IM axle hangs vs suspended but not much. Pullups we have found is same numbers on both maybe harder slightly on suspended due to instabilty.

• Like 2

I did a 1 arm hang on a 3 inch axle while holding a 25 or 30lb dumbbell and it wasn't too bad, I only did that once at one of Chris's competitions. A lot of people could hang with both arms but I don't think many did 1. I'm also pretty light so bodyweight feats aren't a big deal. 

• Like 2

400 LB Thumbless Hang on 3" Axle. 2 sets of 15 seconds. I won't share anymore hang vids until I get 30 seconds on 4 HUN

351475375_hang2.png.bfc2299b02897a1101b49fa17576679d.png

• Like 1

Pretty awesome. Nice looking gym to

• Thanks 1

Not Bad for a 55-year-old man

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Pretty awesome. Nice looking gym to

Thanks, I have downsized a bunch of the grip items but still have too much(example pic below). If you want a loading pin let me know and I will give it to you for free. 1430526657_loadpins.jpg.ad684430d633ede97bda1c605bf59cde.jpg