5mm and 6mm bars: Prices range from £0.60 to £0.30 per bar

# of bars Price per bar

1 bar £0.60

2 bars £0.55

5 bars £0.50

10 bars £0.40

15 bars £0.35

20 bars £0.30

If you require any other combination of bars, or have a large order, please contact me for a price quotation.

Stock 2

Type Length Width Poundage

Cold rolled steel bar 7” 5mm 75k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 5mm 82.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ½” 5mm 87.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 5mm 95k

Cold rolled steel bar 6” 5mm 100k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 5mm 107.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ½” 5mm 112.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 7” 6mm 120k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 6mm 127.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ½” 6mm 135k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 6mm 142.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 6” 6mm 150k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 6mm 157.5k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ½” 6mm 165k

LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE OF 6mm HRS STOCK 1:

Hot rolled steel bar 7” 6.6mm 160k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 6.6mm 165k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ½” 6.6mm 170k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 6.6mm 175k

Hot rolled steel bar 6” 6.6mm 180k

Hot rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 6.6mm 185k

Hot rolled steel bar 5 ½” 6.6mm 190k

Cold rolled steel bar 7” 8mm 205k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 8mm 215k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ½” 8mm 220k

Cold rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 8mm 225k

Cold rolled steel bar 6” 8mm 240k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 8mm 250k

Cold rolled steel bar 5 ½” 8mm 260k

Stock 1

Hot rolled steel bar 7” 8mm 310k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ¾” 8mm 320k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ½” 8mm 330k

Hot rolled steel bar 6 ¼” 8mm 345k

Hot rolled steel bar 6” 8mm 360k

Hot rolled steel bar 5 ¾” 8mm 375k

Hot rolled steel bar 5 ½” 8mm 390k

When ordering, you MUST provide contact information. Because the bars are calibrated each time a new batch is ordered, there may be a discrepancy in the poundage of a certain bar in your order. If this is the case, we will contact you to determine whether there is another bar that will suit, or if you would rather wait until the correct poundage stock comes in.

POSTAGE COSTS

UK postage is by second class of Royal Mail Standard Parcels. European and USA postage is by airmail, which has a 5 to 7 day delivery time. Surface mail is to all destinations in Europe, USA and the rest of the world, and can take up to 56 days, but is the cheapest option. All international orders only go up to 2 kg in weight (approx 22 heavy bars or 30 lighter) with these postage rates. If you require more than this amount, then please contact me for a postage quote.

8mm heavy bars

UK Europe USA Surface to all

1 bar £0.86 £1.52 £2.01 £1.30

2 bars £0.99 £1.89 £2.73 £1.50

5 bars £1.72 £3.08 £5.07 £2.50

10 bars £3.82 £5.16 £8.85 £4.30

15 bars £4.57 £7.14 £12.75 £5.90

20 bars £4.88 £9.03 £16.32 £7.70

Light 5mm and 6mm bars

UK Europe USA Surface to all

1 bar £0.76 £1.42 £1.84 £1.10

2 bars £0.86 £1.71 £2.37 £1.30

5 bars £1.40 £2.52 £3.99 £2.10

10 bars £2.22 £3.98 £6.69 £3.30

15 bars £3.32 £5.43 £9.39 £4.50

20 bars £4.57 £6.78 £12.07 £5.70

FOR UK POSTAGE: it becomes much, much cheaper the more you buy! Please contact us for a postage quote for any order greater than 20 bars.

CONTACT AND PAYMENT DETAILS:

David Horne

27 Ingestre Road

Stafford

ST17 4DJ

England

irongrip@ntlworld.com

01785 601400

07879 490241

Payment can be accepted by UK cheque or postal order (NO US checks), cash in Sterling, US dollars or Euros (at sender’s risk), or through Paypal in pounds sterling.

The postage tables are slightly confusing. I did them in a table on Word and it seems to have put them all in one line instead. Just read across for the correct price. The first price is UK postage, etc.

David

David

I hope all the hard work pays off for you :D

I noticed that the Hrs bar 7"x6.5mms altho only 1/2mms thinker is 40kilos harder than the 7"x6mms crs,i thought that crs was supposdly much toughr than hrs :D

This shows why Callibrateing all nw stock is a must,good work :bow

Gazza,

Crs isn't neccessarily tougher than hrs, it depends on many things. Ask Pat about the hrs bar I sent him, calibrated at 310k.

It has been a lot of work. In fact this weekend's been all go, and I've just finished moving someone to their new house, and now I'm off to work.

David

Well, I'm not a bender (it looks like it might be fun) but I can say that this sort of "precision" is EXACTLY what the whole bending thing needs to move from side-show to legitimate, IMO. I posted something to this effect on one of the threads when the bending cert was being discussed, not knowing that you were WAY ahead on that. Just wanted to offer my congratulations for taking it upon yourself to do it RIGHT.

The 310k HRS :blink

The bar is definitely HRS, and Definitely STOUT!

I must tip the hat to David on these, the ends are chamfered vey nicely. I can't tell you how many times I have poked a hole in my hand with the jagged edges of a Red Nail. I enjoy many types of pain, but puncture wounds are not enjoyable in the least.

David, Thanks for the beastly hunk of bar 310k you sent me. Och! It came right after I did a 8''x5/16th bend and some other bends too. I gave it a try. It's got a little kink in it. It will be about a month before I try it again at full strength. Pulled my elbow on something. Stinking 5 grade bolt! It still lost! :angry: Did you see the tape yet?

Thanks David. What about the " red" nail

The red checked in at 270 kilos.

Thanks Eric. Of course that was an old 'red'.

Steve,

Glad you got the 310k bar, it's a tough one. But if anyone will bend these it will be you or Pat. Just think we have a 390k, a whole 80k tougher than that - scary!

David

Pat and Steve truly AWESOME power. :bow:bow

Given time i reckon both of you powerhouses will be bending all of the those bars.

David well done on your hard work. :mosher

I must be missing something here, are the "old" reds different than the "new" reds? My reds bars are at least 4 years old, they must be the "Old". Are they harder or easier than the new reds? Have you compared old/new stock for all of the colors?

I must be missing something here, are the "old" reds different than the "new" reds? My reds bars are at least 4 years old, they must be the "Old". Are they harder or easier than the new reds? Have you compared old/new stock for all of the colors?

Old Reds are dark, new ones are shiny. I've bent both types, the dark ones seemed a tad harder. There are some shiny ones on the way to David right now for comparison.......

Pat or Steve. (or anyone who knows)What is a good bar to bend that is a little tougher than a grade 5

but is the same length. I can cut it down but it changes my technique (good for short steel but not for big.) I need something 6" or 7".

Thanks

Cold rolled steel bar 7” 8mm 205k

In theory this should be equal to an Ironmind red. The dimensions, and material (CRS) are the same. I suspect that in reality the red is much harder.

Rob an 8 grade bolt. I play with 8'' hrs and crs by 5/16 still learn somethings about different styles. You can also use crs rolled squared 1/4. That's fun! Watchout for the points though, file them things down.

I am liking the quality and study time David is putting in to his Sack-o-nails. Well worth the price in my book. You know what you are getting and can move up without worrying about what is the next nail to find. It is already there. Plus as others have said you will not get what you think you are getting at Lowes or Depot. Twice it has said on the stock CRS and it was HRS when I have paid good money for stock.

Hope this helps you.

I am still telling people about those rafter pinches and the one arm pull-ups.

BEASTLY BABY! :bow

Old guy,

The old red I tested was harder (270k) than our Cold rolled steel bar 7” 8mm 205k. It is time consuming to retest everything but it's the only way to go. It would be far easier to just sell batches.

Rob,

Your pinch rafter from a jump is mighty impressive.

Steve,

Thanks.

David

I cannot think of a better way of doing things. It all makes perfect sense, and quantifies and controls things as far as any kind of competition and certification are concerned.

Thanks guys. I was hoping you WOULDN't say grade 8.......David can you set me up with a package from 220 to 260 say 4 bars a piece.

Thanks Rob

I just placed my order! I'll be getting some of the 205's and 220's. I'm hoping to have a realistic shot at the 205, as my short term goal.