The panic button

John Knowlton

The panic button

image.thumb.jpg.4e66c38c9dff6313a97a2c9e6bf5fc5d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.de7b113fd60fc0b619eb89426c027044.jpgI made this to strengthen my thumb muscle

• Like 5

I made this to strengthen my thumb muscle

48 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

The panic button

image.thumb.jpg.4e66c38c9dff6313a97a2c9e6bf5fc5d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.de7b113fd60fc0b619eb89426c027044.jpgI made this to strengthen my thumb muscle

That is awesome dude!

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance, is it solid, or does the top piece depress in a bit?  Just wondering how it works. Thanks.

So what this is is two pieces of pipe a pipe cap. Smaller diameter pipe has a spring in it with a cap on the top. But you don’t see in the picture there’s a bolt that screws into the other pipe for the slot cut in the inner pipe to keep the two pieces of pipe from coming apart. The spring is a heavy spring so it gives a lot of resistance the most you can move it is about a quarter inch if you’re really strong

• Like 5

• 2 years later...

Very cool! I’ve tried a few different thumb things—this looks like outrageous fun

• Like 1