Home and office Gym Equipment Advice

Serpent

The design of the Mostbet app is perfect as far as the aesthetics are concerned. The smooth transition between blocks and lack of congestion is an indication of this; moreover, the developers fix all the possible bugs and problems with each new update. The colour scheme fully matches the colours found on the bookmaker’s official website. Mostbet bd app download is the navigation system between sections allows you to switch quickly to the areas of the application that interest you.

Edited by Serpent

It's simple - how much room do you have - how much money do you have - but most importantly, what will you use.  Example might be kettlebells, great tool but only if you use them - if not they are just expensive junk taking up space.  Same with anything else.  But it's hard to go wrong with a good Olympic barbell set for starters - bumpers instead of steel depending on your floor and if you have any interest in the Olympic lifts.  When you visit a commercial gym what do you use - and what don't you use?

For grip a couple block weights - a sledge hammer - and a pair of Fat Grips will go a long way.  Of course there's no end to the number of tools you can use but these basics will get you started.  If space and budget permit - a rack of some kind is nice.  Maybe a bench.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 6:10 PM, climber511 said:

It's simple - how much room do you have - how much money do you have - but most importantly, what will you use.  Example might be kettlebells, great tool but only if you use them - if not they are just expensive junk taking up space.  Same with anything else.  But it's hard to go wrong with a good Olympic barbell set for starters - bumpers instead of steel depending on your floor and if you have any interest in the Olympic lifts.  When you visit a commercial gym what do you use - and what don't you use?

For grip a couple block weights - a sledge hammer - and a pair of Fat Grips will go a long way.  Of course there's no end to the number of tools you can use but these basics will get you started.  If space and budget permit - a rack of some kind is nice.  Maybe a bench.

Once when you have sorted and found the website that you are going to deal with then you should read reviews about the same. You can read independent reviews of the consumers or the online websites like https://jbhnews.com/winstrol-steroid-benefits-dosage-cycling-facts-and-many-side-effects/29985/ where people leave their comments. It could be about Buy Trenbolone online or other steroid you should only purchase from that website which has got positive reviews and that has fit the bill.

Edited by Serpent

I'd say a power rack, a barbell and plates,these are essential.

You don't really need a bench because you could just do floor presses.

You can train your entire body with just a power rack, a barbell and plates.

A power rack should be your number 1 priority in my opinion.

Some wrist wraps for pressing and a good belt would also be a pretty good idea.

For grip I'd suggest the same things as @climber511 did.

Edited by DevilErik

Definitely a power rack and a utility bench , dumbbell’s of some sort. A nice Olympics set . Keep it simple for now.

For the posterior chain as it's called, can be trained with jumps, sprints, one leg jumps, vertical forward and backwards (backwards highly underutilized and undervalued). Posterior chain loading is one of weight lifting's strong points but not exclusive to it at all.

Loadable DBs pretty great though. Can hammer load it, make a hub with 2.5 lb plates and a couple dumbbell fasteners to fasten it to the very end of the DB, and use it for a DB workout. You can usually find a pair with weights on craigslist or ebay for pretty cheap. Sometimes stuff just isn't available so there's stuff like the Rogue loadable DB. Look around the market and look for old weights people are giving away or selling cheap. There are a bunch of instructionals on making DB and Olympic plates from concrete with some people reinforcing it to make them stronger and droppable. Steel helix or micro rebar does a pretty good job of strengthening concrete.

Pair of rings is great, and so is a punching bag. I recommend 100 lbs. Wrapping a tree with rope works too; strengthening the knuckles doesn't take very long.

Stacking a chopped up tree and fastening them together with 10 pieces of wood "rebar" of sorts, 2" depth each side, for each joint of the stack should do it. So you would have 5 fasteners closer to the periphery and 5 closer to the center and they would be spaced apart evenly to cover the whole log. That's for each joint. You can put a piece of 2x4 through the middle of the stack as well but this may split the whole thing. The use of wood allows for flex that prevents splitting and gives you a sense of how hard you're hitting. Wood glue and 3 pieces of rope bound around the whole stack (and tied at the top like a christmas present; research NO SLACK knots and wrap around twice or thrice) laid in shallow grooves should keep the whole thing together once you wrap THAT horizontally, coiled around the whole structure to provide a mildly softer surface and keep the "present ties" well in place.

Weighted vest, ankle and wrist weights lets you train throughout the day and load calisthenic movements; going for a walk can become great training with wearable weights. A Heavy weight vest creates great traps (like you're on roids as some may claim) if you wear it enough.

Studies have shown that loaded stretches create enormous muscle growth. 3D Alpha, a guy on Youtube, has noticed that those with huge traps experienced extreme loaded stretching in the trapezius at some point in their life. This isn't specific to trapezius it is simply a character of MUSCLE. So wearable weights is a great way to train. Don't listen to articles that are just clickbait money generators, appealing to their corporate and suburban audience that has never trained hard in their life except when they ran track in high school. It's just clickbait money making articles that gives the impression that exercise is dangerous and that the target audience should rely on them for advice (thus making places like livestrong.com more money).

In the end a barbell is pretty neat and a squat rack nice. Make sure to have odd weights like half-filled beer kegs though. Awkward weight will destroy your weaknesses. A wheelbarrow half full of water will be a nightmare.

A neck harness is a must I'd say. There are people neck curling over 200 lbs man. I can neck curl like 40 lbs. It is my biggest weak point.

Paralletes are cheap and easy to make or buy. Simply using Dumbbells with large plates and something to keep it from rolling (or using that as part of your training) works just fine though. I'd suggest getting them. Can be made with PVC pipe. What also can be made with PVC pipe is an implement for "tib raises" you can research that one yourself.

A thick piece of rope, 3" or more, can be hanged up for climbing from where you hang your rings or be used for JUMP ROPE. 10 ft of 3" rope is about 22.5 lbs!

If you're using heavy weights you should look into how to build a weightlifting platform. Just concrete can crack. Reinforced concrete, such as with steel helix is still useful for your gym floor and can handle quite a lot. You may want to lay a plastic sheet under the concrete to keep water from seeping up but I'm not an expert.

Hypertrophy vs Hyperplasia.pdf

Well, whats your goal, bending? lifting? endurance? power lifting? martial arts? climbing? 

you can go very far with gymnastic rings, and a sledgehammer. 

i'd say

gymnastic rings

vulcan gripper w/thumbscrews

Wrist developer

as many sledgehammers as you can get

kettlebells

I really recommend the Chest Krusher made by Robert Baraban. It REALLY works the entire upper body.  

On 12/30/2021 at 12:22 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

Well, whats your goal, bending? lifting? endurance? power lifting? martial arts? climbing? 

you can go very far with gymnastic rings, and a sledgehammer. 

i'd say

gymnastic rings

vulcan gripper w/thumbscrews

Wrist developer

as many sledgehammers as you can get

kettlebells

I really recommend the Chest Krusher made by Robert Baraban. It REALLY works the entire upper body.  

If you had $6000-$7000 to purchase fitness and exercise equipment for your station, what would you get? Our small volunteer dept is looking at outfitting a fitness room and could use some guidance from other departments. Right now, we're definitely leaning towards a: - treadmill - recumbent bicycle (sit-down, not an upright bike)  Not sure if we should invest in an elliptical machine since we're most likely getting a treadmill and bike (something like enrgifitness). Also not sure if we should purchase a home gym system (perhaps a bowflex or another system that uses plates like the Body Solid EXM1500S, just as one example); OR should we instead look into a set of barbells and adjustable benches. A friend of mine is a barbell fanatic and insists that most exercises can be done with barbells.  Advice is always appreciated!

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 1

Kettlebells are the best if you have limited space. And you can work bottom up cleans and presses for your grip as well as pinching it bottoms up from the bell side if you have some smaller ones. And levers and rotations with the bell on the ground for wrist strength.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serpent said:

If you had $6000-$7000 to purchase fitness and exercise equipment for your station, what would you get? Our small volunteer dept is looking at outfitting a fitness room and could use some guidance from other departments. Right now, we're definitely leaning towards a: - treadmill - recumbent bicycle (sit-down, not an upright bike)  Not sure if we should invest in an elliptical machine since we're most likely getting a treadmill and bike (something like enrgifitness). Also not sure if we should purchase a home gym system (perhaps a bowflex or another system that uses plates like the Body Solid EXM1500S, just as one example); OR should we instead look into a set of barbells and adjustable benches. A friend of mine is a barbell fanatic and insists that most exercises can be done with barbells.  Advice is always appreciated!

Well I’m a firm believer in less is more. I’m assuming your a firefighter? I’d say a rower, treadmill, big tire or two and sledgehammers, a station to do pull ups and dips that you can hang gymnastic rings from. Also if you can find a 200lbs human shaped object to carry they would be great. I’d buy those Heavy Grippers too. Since it’s the fire house and you care more about being I shape then certifying those will do. Part of me always wanted to be a firefighter but it’s real difficult where I live. But when I move to the country id love to be on a volunteer department. 

1 minute ago, Bearhugger said:

Kettlebells are the best if you have limited space. And you can work bottom up cleans and presses for your grip as well as pinching it bottoms up from the bell side if you have some smaller ones. And levers and rotations with the bell on the ground for wrist strength.

This too. kettle bells are great.

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

I'd get a good power rack, a bunch of different barbells,plates, band pegs, rogue bands and a pull up bar.

I'd probably also get a rogue plate loadable dumbbell and plates.

I wouldn't waste my money on these stations if I were you, nothing beats multi-joint exercises.

And if you really need single joint exercises you can always do them with the plate loadable dumbbells or the bands.

Free weights are way better than machines please don't waste your money on machines.

I'd get everything from Rogue Fitness with that budget their equipment is pretty expensive but their quality is just top notch and worth every penny.

Titan fitness is also great but I think they only ship  to the US (I don't know where you live).

You can also never go wrong with a glute ham developer or a reverse hyper.

Edited by DevilErik