NEW? IronMind Hub Women’s World Record

insane.warrior

Hey guys, I have just seen the news on IronMind's website.

And I'm absolutely surprised... Why it was counted as a New World Record?

1) It was performed in the local gym, not as a part of official competitions.

2) Uncalibrated plates were used. And they were not even weighted!

3) Implement was out of camera sight multiple times.

What do you think about it?

https://ironmind.com/news/Anzhela-Kulagina-Breaks-IronMind-Hub-Womens-World-Record/

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

Hey guys, I have just seen the news on IronMind's website.

And I'm absolutely surprised... Why it was counted as a New World Record?

1) It was performed in the local gym, not as a part of official competitions.

2) Uncalibrated plates were used. And they were not even weighted!

3) Implement was out of camera sight multiple times.

https://ironmind.com/news/Anzhela-Kulagina-Breaks-IronMind-Hub-Womens-World-Record/

This is pretty stupid in my opinion for all the reasons you have already mentioned.

This should NOT count as the new world record.

World record attempts should always be done with calibrated plates.

Also everything should be weighed in my opinion including the carabiner.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

Should not be a WR in my opinion. If this is the new standard they may as well accept any guy who does a silver bullet hold in their home.

I wonder if they get enough queries about it they will take it back? Wouldn't be the first time they have revoked a WR.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

Thomas Joseph Dunning - "Capital eschews no profit, or very small profit, just as Nature was formerly said to abhor a vacuum. With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10 per cent. will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 per cent. certain will produce eagerness; 50 per cent., positive audacity; 100 per cent. will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 per cent., and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged."

• Like 1

Yeah makes no sense to start classing gym lifts as legit records an this specifically makes even less sense since Becca did 30.1kg years back on video an it was at least scaled.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BokP_-4glQo/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 3

Good lift.

Record needs to remain with the last holder.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thomas Joseph Dunning - "Capital eschews no profit, or very small profit, just as Nature was formerly said to abhor a vacuum. With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10 per cent. will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 per cent. certain will produce eagerness; 50 per cent., positive audacity; 100 per cent. will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 per cent., and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged."

Huh?  A bad google translation here?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

yes.

the whole point of Ivan's message was that Ironmind wants to get more money.

by allowing people to get easy access to world records setting.

as for me, it's just a disrespect for the athletes who are already in the world records lists. unfair...

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

The "original" of the phrase was not new when Karl Marx quoted it in "Capital". Obviously, the english language has changed since then. I gave a quote "according to the original" - if someone wants to find out who this Thomas Dunning is and get to the bottom, then the Internet will help him ..

I don’t think there are any problems with the accuracy of translation, in any case - as you remember, even english-speaking gripboard-members have difficulties in expressing their thoughts on literary english... 

38 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

The "original" of the phrase was not new when Karl Marx quoted it in "Capital". Obviously, the english language has changed since then. I gave a quote "according to the original" - if someone wants to find out who this Thomas Dunning is and get to the bottom, then the Internet will help him ..

I don’t think there are any problems with the accuracy of translation, in any case - as you remember, even english-speaking gripboard-members have difficulties in expressing their thoughts on literary english... 

Quote or not, it's not comprehensible to me to even figure out what he's trying to say. Especially with what appears to be random punctuation and a ton at of it as well.  But, that's just me. 😜

• Like 1

The rules according to Ironmind. 

Screenshot_20211225-211547.png

• Like 2

I also waited till the end for her to weigh the handle and plates. Looked very easy but definitely not an official record 

• Like 1