Where can I order IronMind Rolling Thunder in Germany without the shipping costing more than the handle ?

Biofacticity

It's so frustrating that a a good standard product like the Rolling Thunder is only shipped within the USA, if ordering international - the shipping + taxes cost more than the handle itself. Does anyone from Europe know where can I order it or find it. I live in Germany.

In Russia they have a store that sells but in Germany/EU I havent found one yet.

3 hours ago, Biofacticity said:

It's so frustrating that a a good standard product like the Rolling Thunder is only shipped within the USA, if ordering international - the shipping + taxes cost more than the handle itself. Does anyone from Europe know where can I order it or find it. I live in Germany.

In Russia they have a store that sells but in Germany/EU I havent found one yet.

Most people on here will tell you that the rolling thunder is trash.

Get something like the RGT from gripgenie.

Also Jedd Johnson has a series on youtube called hard to handle in which he compares a bunch of different rolling handles.

Check that one out and see if there's one you would like to buy.

That one will give you a real good idea of what makes a good rolling handle.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, DevilErik said:

Most people on here will tell you that the rolling thunder is trash.

Get something like the RGT from gripgenie.

Also Jedd Johnson has a series on youtube called hard to handle in which he compares a bunch of different rolling handles.

Check that one out and see if there's one you would like to buy.

That one will give you a real good idea of what makes a good rolling handle.

Thank you for your reply, I didn't know that Jedd was testing a bunch of handles, haven't checked his channel in a while.

I wanted to get rolling thunder just because I am training for armwrestling, and want to have results that I can compare with others who mostly use rolling thunder for those same exercises I do and see where I stand.

I can order different handle but the main thing is I need one that has very similar performance to rolling thunder (in terms of rolling resistance and width) and one that can ship to Germany since I don't want to pay for shipping more than the handle itself.

By the way I wanted to know if Rolling Thunder has undergone some changes in the past 15 years - or is it still performing the same?

• Like 2

This will probably be your best option, in terms of value for the money: https://shop.handgripper.net/rolling-handle-60mm.html

"want to have results that I can compare with others who mostly use rolling thunder for those same exercises I do and see where I stand."

That's exactly what you can't do with the Rolling Thunder. It's very inconsistent. That's why it's not a good handle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biofacticity said:

Thank you for your reply, I didn't know that Jedd was testing a bunch of handles, haven't checked his channel in a while.

I wanted to get rolling thunder just because I am training for armwrestling, and want to have results that I can compare with others who mostly use rolling thunder for those same exercises I do and see where I stand.

I can order different handle but the main thing is I need one that has very similar performance to rolling thunder (in terms of rolling resistance and width) and one that can ship to Germany since I don't want to pay for shipping more than the handle itself.

By the way I wanted to know if Rolling Thunder has undergone some changes in the past 15 years - or is it still performing the same?

Take @Fist of Fury's advice I just knew that the rolling thunder was trash because it doesn't really roll.

Honestly you are better off paying more for a great rolling handle that will last a life time.

I wouldn't go for cheap just because you don't want to pay for shipping.

I would get the raptor or the RGT from grip genie.

The raptor is the most difficult one and the RGT comes after that. 

The raptor was the winner of Jedd's hard to handle tournament and the RGT came second.

Edited by DevilErik

I would also suggest you to look for an alternative, maybe some tools from Silarukuv or RB. The coolest thing to buy would be an Inch Dumbbell from Nathan Holle, which you also can buy in Germany. 

I have a RGT and a Raptor both are good handles but the spin on the RB one is far better all metal and 10 year warranty I purchased from this place https://www.armsportstore.eu  Great service. 

If its an ironmind you do need unsure since the UK left for customs ect.. But Gods of Grip stock them from time to time (sold out at present)

Also unsure how dealing with Russia is for you but have had great service from https://bear-grip.ru/category/armlifting/ruchki/  in the past.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, Biofacticity said:

Ι was lucky enough to get it from a friend of mine, brand new. He just happened to own a few. 

The Baraban stuff is of high quality and they're in Austria. I feel your pain. Anything outside the EU gets killed at customs. 

I really wanted to get the Standard hand gripper line from Cannon this month and I'll have to spend almost as much on customs as what the product and shipping will. 

Yes, it's the main reason I've stopped buying grippers from outside the EU. You end up paying over 70$ for one rated gripper. It's not worth it. The price for the grippers themself is not bad but shipping and customs is just way too expensive.

And as already been said, buying the RT is definitely not worth it. You can get way better handles for less, within the EU. Or even from Russia as someone mentioned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes, it's the main reason I've stopped buying grippers from outside the EU. You end up paying over 70$ for one rated gripper. It's not worth it. The price for the grippers themself is not bad but shipping and customs is just way to expensive.

And as already been said, buying the RT is definitely not worth it. You can get way better handles for less, within the EU. Or even from Russia as someone mentioned.

I'm looking at the Baraban rolling handles as we speak. My friend Manos from Armlifting Greece has them all. Top quality stuff 👌

I have the Ironmind Rolling Thunder. Saved money for it etc. It's... Ok I guess. But I can't judge cause I know 10% about that stuff compared to some people on here. I do know it's supposed to be rolling and it really doesn't lol. 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron

@Terry Conjugate Iron, One advice I've been giving before with the RT is to drill a small hole at the end of the handle. Then you spray some lubricant in there. Then seal if with some electrical tape. You'll be surprised how much harder it will be. 

And once you start to doubt the gains you make, remove the tape, spray some more lubricant and try again, etc...

The problem with the RT is that it's designed very poorly, which make the handles very inconsistent. Which makes it impossible to compare athletes to each other. If they didn't use the exact same handle in the exact same contest, any comparison are basically useless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

@Terry Conjugate Iron, One advice I've been giving before with the RT is to drill a small hole at the end of the handle. Then you spray some lubricant in there. Then seal if with some electrical tape. You'll be surprised how much harder it will be. 

And once you start to doubt the gains you make, remove the tape, spray some more lubricant and try again, etc...

The problem with the RT is that it's designed very poorly, which make the handles very inconsistent. Which makes it impossible to compare athletes to each other. If they didn't use the exact same handle in the exact same contest, any comparison are basically useless.

Great input! I actually managed to spray some lubricant in there with a tiny little extension which kinda looks like a tiny vacuum head. So it shoves right underneath the plastic. Sorry my English is failing me right now but I hope you get the picture. 

Did that a month ago or so. And my RT went down significantly. At least 10lbs

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 2

Yes it makes a huge difference. I lost about 15% when I did that on one of the handles I had. It started to spin like crazy, actually not far from what the RB handle did. However RB was still a bit harder because of the slick paint on it.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 1:29 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Yes it makes a huge difference. I lost about 15% when I did that on one of the handles I had. It started to spin like crazy, actually not far from what the RB handle did. However RB was still a bit harder because of the slick paint on it.

Ah, I didn't know the RB rollers were that slick. They're also on my grip bucket list, somewhere down the line lol