Tearing bottle caps....

Blacksmith513

I've drank a few beers in my life, and most of those beers, i've bent the caps... Its easy, anyone with just a little strength and proper technique can do it.. But Friday night i decided to tear a couple.. Its not really hard and you can keep bending it back and forth until you can tear it. Its more a test of very minor pain and patience after awhile. But does anyone does this? It takes me 5 mins or so, but I think if you get the strength/technique you can tear it a lot sooner. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I've drank a few beers in my life, and most of those beers, i've bent the caps... Its easy, anyone with just a little strength and proper technique can do it.. But Friday night i decided to tear a couple.. Its not really hard and you can keep bending it back and forth until you can tear it. Its more a test of very minor pain and patience after awhile. But does anyone does this? It takes me 5 mins or so, but I think if you get the strength/technique you can tear it a lot sooner. 

I usually keypinch bottlecaps and try to deform and eventually bend and fold them with just my thumb and index finger.

I have never tried tearing one.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I usually keypinch bottlecaps and try to deform and eventually bend and fold them with just my thumb and index finger.

I have never tried tearing one.

you mean with a plastic bottle cap? Never thought to do that. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

you mean with a plastic bottle cap? Never thought to do that. 

Yeah those dark blue water bottle caps the thicker ones.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:56 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice idea brother! I've bent them using the thumb and index finger, but never tried tearing one .. I'll definitely give this a go!👍

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, Ole' Puller said:

Nice idea brother! I've bent them using the thumb and index finger, but never tried tearing one .. I'll definitely give this a go!👍

Well its a great way to combine two of my favorite things, beer and grip/working out. Although, even though i've always been serous about working out , I'm taking it to another level now and i've cut back on my beer... But I still have my nights. 

• Like 1