The Biggest Mistake Grip Guys Make by Jedd Johnson

Bigfoot Grip

Just watched this video from Jedd Johnson and thought it was worth sharing. Any other gripsters care to share what they feel is their biggest mistake or mistakes? For me it was rushing into riskier lifts like the wrist wrench without properly strengthing the tendons & finger tips first and getting hurt(A2 injury on my left middle finger) bonehead move 🤦‍♂️ Lately I've incorporated more calisthenics mainly pullup variations and free weight exercises and my grippers are the strongest they've ever been. Pinch is moving also. When I got away from general strength training I seemed to progress slower vs when I balance grip & overall body strengthing movements so it seems Jedd is on to something 🤔

• Like 6

Grip, arm wrestling, and climbing all of the mistakes I see boil down to being impatient, too many 1 rep maxes, and lack of recovery. None of these are magic sports are magic actives that can skirt muscle science but people still think they can find a short cut around biology and the cost of that is huge setbacks in training due to injuries that never needed to happen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love this new series he's doing... I've never had the desire to do max lifts. I probably progress too slow, but I've been injured so many times.. Slow and steady.. I don't need to the worlds strongest man.. I'll probably be dead when i'm 80, but if not. I want to be one of those bad ass old guys who still works out.

• Thanks 1

Jedd is a bum…doesn’t know what he's talking about and he uses swipe texting. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My two cents - the biggest mistake "everyone" makes is not taking the time to develop a "base" of forearm - wrist - and hand strength before moving into the "fun" stuff.  The other thing that I believe almost everyone does wrong is they "test" instead of "train" almost constantly.  

This is my way of saying Jedd is right (but still a bum LOL)

You'll never see a world class grip on a puny body either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't do what Jedd does now - do what he did as he was building the strength to have one of the strongest grips in the world.  Never do a current program of a person way way stronger than you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Don't do what Jedd does now - do what he did as he was building the strength to have one of the strongest grips in the world.  Never do a current program of a person way way stronger than you are.

just like construction... you'll never have a nice house without a nice frame job  and you'll never have a nice frame without a proper foundation... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, climber511 said:

My two cents - the biggest mistake "everyone" makes is not taking the time to develop a "base" of forearm - wrist - and hand strength before moving into the "fun" stuff.  The other thing that I believe almost everyone does wrong is they "test" instead of "train" almost constantly.  

This is my way of saying Jedd is right (but still a bum LOL)

You'll never see a world class grip on a puny body either.

Agree chris…took a long time to be able to train with max lifts frequently. Definitely work up with a base with higher volume, lower weight movements. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1