Silvis grippers

John Knowlton

SOME DAY 

I should have got them when I had the chance

• 8 months later...

How did folks get stuff from them before?  Directly off of their own website?  They still have some stuff I'd like to purchase.

Yes, you could get them right off their website. What I can remember it was just hand grippers

Edited by John Knowlton

3 hours ago, PumptheBrachs said:

How did folks get stuff from them before?  Directly off of their own website?  They still have some stuff I'd like to purchase.

We stocked the adjustable stuff. I never ordered the Monster Hunter stuff because the handles were so thick they didn’t fit our rating device at the time. I could rate them but it was a huge pain. 

58 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We stocked the adjustable stuff. I never ordered the Monster Hunter stuff because the handles were so thick they didn’t fit our rating device at the time. I could rate them but it was a huge pain. 

They've got some interesting gear over there.  One I was looking at was a glove that was kind of like a straight jacket.  Rubber band attachments on the fingertips for extensors.  I was just thinking about trying to make something like that but not quite that.

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Yes, you could get them right off their website. What I can remember it was just hand grippers

I tried joining it but got confused at the address part.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:20 AM, John Knowlton said:

Does anybody know what happened to Silvis gripper company

Come to think of it, there is a product that was released by Silvis in the meantime.

It was a collaboration product.

The maximum level is similar to Monster Hunter 4lv, so It was a product forgotten in my memory.😅bedea06ffb289c3ec09b5fdcd83c57e62b0b21bd.jpeg.jpg.48a8fd5c6e65e45aceb3647f64fad2db.jpgbdc55132caf5817daf19f229161598da3a28534e.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d247974ceb19ea39668e12676725e22a.jpg

Edited by Seoyoon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PumptheBrachs said:

can go to the website

Please inquire separately for international shipping

I don't know if they are still international.😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PumptheBrachs said:

One I was looking at was a glove that was kind of like a straight jacket.  Rubber band attachments on the fingertips for extensors.  I was just thinking about trying to make something like that but not quite that.

That thing was featured in the Marvel movie Doctor Strange. From the movie:

image.png

• Like 5

Think they are called Yoga hands. I wanted to purchase them direct but was unable, just cannot make contact no matter what path I try. So got another version think by the same factory. They have just released a 4th strength for them, they all come with an extra set of bands plus, unlike most like this have a decent sized hole for your finger tips.

Are they worth the money I have various items like this (far too many) to be honest I always just reach for my IM bands.

1 minute ago, Seoyoon said:

252_tmp_4b1ae2e02b50016a830e21effb58c8fa3306view.jpg.e7314e2aa3ebbd1666ed223f9a414a2a.jpg

Oh wow. I've never seen that, I didn't know that was what we were talking about. 

That thing looks... institutional. I cannot think of another word. It really does seem like a huge amount of overkill when you can just use a rubber band.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cannon said:

That thing was featured in the Marvel movie Doctor Strange. From the movie:

I own one of these and did not remember I saw it in this movie!

Think they are called Yoga hands. I wanted to purchase them direct but was unable, just cannot make contact no matter what path I try. So got another version think by the same factory. They have just released a 4th strength for them, they all come with an extra set of bands plus, unlike most like this have a decent sized hole for your finger tips.

Are they worth the money I have various items like this (far too many) to be honest I always just reach for my IM bands.

I went on aliexpress and bought all the gimmicky extensor stuff I saw to work out which ones I like and which I don't.  They haven't all arrived yet.  This thing is one of the ones I like except it's not strong enough.  I got the 40lbs one.  I have a 60lbs and 75lbs version coming from what may be the only slow store on aliexpress.

So far my overall favourite is probably still my bands that appear to be the exact same ones Grip Genie sells but from a different company.