Who Has Closed The Super Elite?

Clay Edgin

Anyone know who has closed the Super Elite? My guess is that Heath and Nathan H. have closed it, but I don't know anyone else who has. Gorilla Hands probably has closed it given his freaky hand strength.

Maybe we need a Gripboard List of Elite and Super Elite closers?

Mine is a beast. I can close my elite but still have a ways to go on the super elite, as its real close to the 4. Im still looking for a gripper between the elite and super elite.

Anyone know who has closed the Super Elite? My guess is that Heath and Nathan H. have closed it, but I don't know anyone else who has. Gorilla Hands probably has closed it given his freaky hand strength.

Maybe we need a Gripboard List of Elite and Super Elite closers?

We could do that. Some Elites are no stronger than a 3 though.

That would be great Bill.

I'm not even close to mine. Mine is harder than all but 1 of my #4's.

Yepp, same with my SE, it is #4 like. The new names of the grippers sold at WW can be confusing. I believe that the Grand Elite they sell now is about the same as the old Super Elite?

I also have a Heavy Elite, which is like a Super Elite sold today. Hehe, they didnt call it Heavy Elite for very long.

I feel a little odd here, as I am NOT close to closing me Elite, let alone my SE. But I have had both for about 1 year, and I can tell you guys that my SE has a spring of .312 on it (my E has one that is about .293)I have not had the chance to measure my GE , but just by looking at it I can tell it is larger than the SE. I do try to do some negatives with the SE(when I am feeling very strong)and it feels like a brick compared to my 2 year old #4. I should say also that my SE has a spread of over 3 inches. I know it is a little off topic, but anybody who can close any of the ELITE class of grippers deserves to be recognized in my opinion. :bow Mike

I can vouch for the strength of Heath's SE as I sold him mine. I had Warren build it extra tough. Well it was too tough for my purposes.

hasnt the wire size changed? my bbse is .314, which is the same as my #4. it is basically new and untouched and is harder than my 4 maybe for that reason. i seen a post in the faq that states the new bbse's are now .306 and the bbge's are .312. is this true? if so, i know them thousanths dont seem like much , but as in weightlifting, the 2 1/2lbs plates break more hearts than 45's. same can be said with thousanths on grippers and should be given some thought.

Tonight I'm going to post in the FAQ section all thirteen of Warren's grippers and there corresponding wire size. I put this together three days ago from the sheet you uses to reorder his wire diameters. I've never measured wire size myself always just look on his charts. But if it's being measured down to the thousandths is it possible that small differances are just errors in measurements?

thanks jeff. maybe the spring manufacturer has a + or - tolorance as well. ive measured all my grippers and compared them to the list i got and all are within .003 with the exception of my bbse and wc which was signifigant.

My new BBSE is .306 new BBGE is .312

Tetting first brought out the .306 back in the spring and named it the Heavy Elite.

I got one then. Since then of course he renamed it the Super Elite.

I asked him once "How many times did you rename your kids?" :)

Jeff... what wire size does Tetting usually use when he builds his Elites??

I'll be ordering two Elites from him soon, and I'd like to know what he's offering.

I thought my way was particularly confusing

It is, but just think of the pleasure you could get from saying "Hey, I can easily close my #4 for reps...!!!"

So it sounds like the only person to have closed the BBSE is Nathan Holle then.

What about the Silver Elite?

There's a movie of Dave Morton closing a Silver Elite in the gallery.

I've got a Silver Elite. It might as well be a #4 to me. What a bummer. :(:(