Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

David, or All others

I find it better for me to set the #3 the way Jason Horne sets it in the video, than the traditional way. Is this legal for certification, as long as, it is not set to within 1" , per the rules. I can't get as good a set, if I do it the traditional way...

Any input is appreciated, thanks

Interesting to see gripper setting in action. It seems even guys with large hands set the gripper before closing it.

Definitely helps my 8" hands. Are you sure your leverage isn't better with a set?

Edited by RSW

I have not practised setting using the other hand to aid the hand doing the closing, so I have no idea if I would gain anything by it. I have always viewd it as something people need to do who cannot easily span the gripper handles when the gripper is fully open. I do make sure the gripper is in the best position, but I do not use the other hand to help start the close.

I have not practised setting using the other hand to aid the hand doing the closing, so I have no idea if I would gain anything by it. I have always viewd it as something people need to do who cannot easily span the gripper handles when the gripper is fully open. I do make sure the gripper is in the best position, but I do not use the other hand to help start the close.

For me, the handle being high on the palm adds ~10-15% to my closing strength, due to the superior leverage. If your no-set is truly in the optimum position, then maybe you really can't gain too much from the set.

The grippers just seem to fit the hand perfectly without the need for any adjustment, or setting prior to attempting a close. Just one of those things perhaps?