Today's bending session

Ole' Puller

"Double overhand bends 1 & 2"
• Kinked in double wraps
• Swept in singles
• Crushed in 4 x 5 micro wraps

"For today's session after a good warm up, I wrapped up 2 Noble Force bars at 145kg and completed both bends using double wraps on the kink, singles for the sweep and a set of micros to crush it down. Both bends felt good and swapping wraps during the bend provided good tension throughout".
👍👊〰️👊👍

InShot_20211122_102217122.thumb.jpg.591b38e9549baa521e08ad81a65fc880.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Those are some nice bends!

Thank you brother! That's very kind my friend! 🤙🤝🤙

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:47 AM, Ole' Puller said:

"Double overhand bends 1 & 2"
• Kinked in double wraps
• Swept in singles
• Crushed in 4 x 5 micro wraps

"For today's session after a good warm up, I wrapped up 2 Noble Force bars at 145kg and completed both bends using double wraps on the kink, singles for the sweep and a set of micros to crush it down. Both bends felt good and swapping wraps during the bend provided good tension throughout".
👍👊〰️👊👍

InShot_20211122_102217122.thumb.jpg.591b38e9549baa521e08ad81a65fc880.jpg

Question @Ole' Puller. Do you change the wraps during the bend to bring up weaknesses to the levels of the rest of the bend? 

If this question is dumb please forgive me I am still new to bending.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jculpepper said:

Question @Ole' Puller. Do you change the wraps during the bend to bring up weaknesses to the levels of the rest of the bend? 

If this question is dumb please forgive me I am still new to bending.

No worries brother! That's what we're here to do .. share and help one another progress and move forward. The reason I swapped out the wraps during the bend is to maintain as much difficulty as possible. Double wraps provides more leverage and comfort in the hands. Don't misunderstand me though, if the steel is tough no amount of wraps are going to help, nonetheless I wanted to get the most out of the bend by getting it going quickly in doubles then slipping on a set of singles and finally using a set of 4 x 5 micro wraps for the final crush down. 

There are progressions to this as well. For instance, I can kink the bar in 1 1/2 wraps, sweep the bar in 4 x 8 singles and crush it down in 4 x 4 micros all during one bend! This allows for the highest degree tension in bars that are near your upper limit. Since you stated that you're fairly new to bending, it would be best if all of your bends were done in singles. This would toughen the hands and thicken the tendons and ligaments. The reason I'm using this principle is because I'm 53 years old and started bending in February of 2020 so I'm still in the early stages of my journey but starting so late, my best bending years are behind me. All I used were double wraps but this caused me to bend bars that my well used shoulders were not ready for. While I was successful, I actually had to stop double overhand bending for quite a few months and now that I've included them back into my training sessions, I've made a few wise adjustments which have been very helpful and I'm glad I did so! 

🤜🤛

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ole' Puller said:

No worries brother! That's what we're here to do .. share and help one another progress and move forward. The reason I swapped out the wraps during the bend is to maintain as much difficulty as possible. Double wraps provides more leverage and comfort in the hands. Don't misunderstand me though, if the steel is tough no amount of wraps are going to help, nonetheless I wanted to get the most out of the bend by getting it going quickly in doubles then slipping on a set of singles and finally using a set of 4 x 5 micro wraps for the final crush down. 

There are progressions to this as well. For instance, I can kink the bar in 1 1/2 wraps, sweep the bar in 4 x 8 singles and crush it down in 4 x 4 micros all during one bend! This allows for the highest degree tension in bars that are near your upper limit. Since you stated that you're fairly new to bending, it would be best if all of your bends were done in singles. This would toughen the hands and thicken the tendons and ligaments. The reason I'm using this principle is because I'm 53 years old and started bending in February of 2020 so I'm still in the early stages of my journey but starting so late, my best bending years are behind me. All I used were double wraps but this caused me to bend bars that my well used shoulders were not ready for. While I was successful, I actually had to stop double overhand bending for quite a few months and now that I've included them back into my training sessions, I've made a few wise adjustments which have been very helpful and I'm glad I did so! 

🤜🤛

Thanks for the advice. If your best years are behind you. I should wouldn't be able to tell with bends like those. Quite impressive sir! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jculpepper said:

Thanks for the advice. If your best years are behind you. I should wouldn't be able to tell with bends like those. Quite impressive sir! 

Thank you brother for your kind words my friend! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I'll always do my best to answer them as best I could!🤝

• Thanks 1