Aching in my forearms

Blacksmith513

Two months ago I bought the wrist developer and went against my better judgement and used it too much. Then I got some 60d nails and bent them. It’s slowly clearing up and doesnt affect other areas of training, but I still can’t use the wrist developer or bend without some deep aching. It’s not pain so much as a deep ache if that makes sense. Pronation and supination movements bother it the most.  I’m going to start massaging them every day. But just looking for advice to help it heal faster.

Do movements that elicit pain up to but not past the point of pain, with extremely light weights and high volume. Comically light weight, like something you could do 100 reps of. 

Simply holding your hands out in front of you a little and open and close your hands holding the open position for a second or two for each rep. You’ll know how many to do as you pump up.

I would stay away from anything that aggravates it and do mostly light stuff to increase blood flow into the area. Also I’d throw in contrast baths for the forearms as often as you have the time to do them. Massages are also good.

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Two months ago I bought the wrist developer and went against my better judgement and used it too much. Then I got some 60d nails and bent them. It’s slowly clearing up and doesnt affect other areas of training, but I still can’t use the wrist developer or bend without some deep aching. It’s not pain so much as a deep ache if that makes sense. Pronation and supination movements bother it the most.  I’m going to start massaging them every day. But just looking for advice to help it heal faster.

This reminds me a little of when i catch a case of Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness after doing a high volume of an exercise i either have just discovered, or that my body isn't all too familiar with. Seems to last for weeks sometimes and is pretty annoying. It always ended up passing though. Occasionally I take potassium supplements or folic acid since it helps with muscle function and recovery. I hope the soreness goes away soon!

-Blacksmith 

Massage, anti flams & ice are your best friends in this situation.. also, contrast baths!  
Get 5-gal buckets and fill one with water/ ice & the other with hot water. 
alternate between the two 1-2 minutes each for 5-6 times… works like a charm! 

Good luck buddy!  👊🏼😎

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Get something ultra light and work through the ranges of motions that hurt using ultra high reps like 50-100 get as much blood flow as possible to those areas.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robertmiller67 said:

-Blacksmith 

Massage, anti flams & ice are your best friends in this situation.. also, contrast baths!  
Get 5-gal buckets and fill one with water/ ice & the other with hot water. 
alternate between the two 1-2 minutes each for 5-6 times… works like a charm! 

Good luck buddy!  👊🏼😎

Thank you...  Was planing on taking a week off in two more weeks... I ended up doing it this week because i hurt my knee at work and with my wrists. I've massaged them a little and its helping.  I'm normally very careful at work and with training, but everyone gets hurt once in awhile.

Gonna do some high rep low weight and more extensor work. I'm mad at myself for not easing into it.  But at least I learned something in the process.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1