Looking for a way to train my narrow pinch.

DevilErik

Hey guys I have covered most stuff  in my grip training now but I am still looking for a reliable way to train my narrow pinch.

Should I just make a 1 or 2 cm pinch block or is there anything else you guys would recommend ?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerekPalmeri said:

The iron mind telegraph pinch machine goes to a very low ROM around that range, you could also use blocks to only train that range instead of rull range. Here is a video of mine https://www.instagram.com/p/CV1DRuqo-Kx/

Thanks for answering my question man!

I use a pony clamp instead but I was kinda looking for a way to train my narrow pinch statically.

Do you think I can develop a good narrow pinch using dynamic exercises only or do I also have to find a way to train it statically because of pinch usually being static in nature?

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

I have these two 5 pound dumbbells (rubber coated) and couldn't figure out a good use for them in my grip regime for a while. But yesterday I thought: maybe i can pick both up in one hand and hold them together in the ends of my fingers around their handles, and pinch the dumbbells together for as long as I can until near-fatigue or several second reps.  I imagine that would be helpful for pinch to a degree, Ah? 

• Like 1

Just now, SkyHeart said:

I have these two 5 pound dumbbells (rubber coated) and couldn't figure out a good use for them in my grip regime for a while. But yesterday I thought: maybe i can pick both up in one hand and hold them together in the ends of my fingers around their handles, and pinch the dumbbells together for as long as I can until near-fatigue or several second reps.  I imagine that would be helpful for pinch to a degree, Ah? 

Sounds interesting but I think it is way too light.

• Like 2

To get better at narrow pinch - pinch narrow things.  Make (buy) some thin steel - drill a hole in it - add some weight and pinch away.  Use various widths --1/4" - 3/8" - 1" whatever.  Actually a David Horn Euro Pinch setup can cover everything you need.

• Like 2

It is a little low in weight, that is true xD Due to a couple injuries , i find the weight pretty convenient, though it isn't nearly as important to me as my grippers. I guess it touches up the tips of the fingers a notch. Truly amazing it is, how many tools can be invented for strengthening of our hands alone. 

• Like 1