Khaled Iron Grip thumbless lifting the 186 pounds Millennium Trainer both hands and hold first tried

Kashtan

Khaled is a baaaaad dude 😎

As far as I understood, he is the reason why Devon Larratt started incorporating grip exercises into his armwrestling trainings.

Edited by insane.warrior

24 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

As far as I understood, he is the reason why Devon Larratt started incorporating grip exercises into his armwrestling trainings.

I would find that improbable as Devin has trained with Eric Roussin for years and years - I doubt Devin needed to go to Dubai to learn grip training helps arm wrestling when a guy on his team has one of the best grips in North America. 

• Like 1

I’m guessing the Mbell trainer has a longer handle? I think the thumbless grip becomes impossible for huge handed men because it’s all in their finger tips? 

3 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

I doubt Devin needed to go to Dubai to learn grip training helps arm wrestling when a guy on his team has one of the best grips in North America.

What I know for sure, Devon told that he started some gripping exercises during the preparation to fight MMT. He also told earlier that Khaled's grip is so tough that it's almost impossible to slip + he told that Khaled would be a great armwrestler if he will train for it.

That is why I made such a conclusion.

P.S. we can always ask Eric 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

As far as Devon starting to grip because of Khaled, this is inaccurate . Devon’s training partner is Justin Major, and arm wrestler and gripster. He took me to Devon’s house in 2018 prior to a competition in Canada and  when I met Devon  he knew all about grip and did grip stuff and even went to Eric Roussin’s to grip, according to Devon himself. This is not second hand info, the man told me himself face to face. Devon has incorporated grip as it pertains to arm wrestling for quite a few years. 

Never knew about that.

But I heard multiple times from Devon's videos of the last couple of years that grip training does not help to armwrestle better.

And only couple months ago he seemed to change his mind (comment about preparation to fight MMT).

If he trained grip all these years then he does not tell everything in his videos 🙃

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

First off, I don’t think anyone is within a country mile of Khaled in thick handles inch style bells right now.

As far as Devon starting to grip because of Khaled, this is inaccurate . Devon’s training partner is Justin Major, and arm wrestler and gripster. He took me to Devon’s house in 2018 prior to a competition in Canada and  when I met Devon  he knew all about grip and did grip stuff and even went to Eric Roussin’s to grip, according to Devon himself. This is not second hand info, the man told me himself face to face. Devon has incorporated grip as it pertains to arm wrestling for quite a few years. 

Carl Myerscough is ahead of everyone- he’s done the strictest inch clean (at a height of 6’10”) and the most level lift on the Mbell of anyone. Khaled is mighty on the bells but not the top dog 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

True. Devon did know a lot about grip sports and as Adam mentioned he trained with one of the best in North America like Eric who has lots of experience. But then again, Khaled is the strongest he ever felt. Ok one of the strongest because he told me it might be Khaled, Mark Felix or Big Shaq on the table and Khaled on the grip sports. That is why he went to more grip and wrist prior to MMT match. He easily did beat MMT and let's not forget Devon hand is almost as long as Khaled.

14 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I’m guessing the Mbell trainer has a longer handle? I think the thumbless grip becomes impossible for huge handed men because it’s all in their finger tips? 

The Mbell trainer has the same length as the Millennium which is 5 inches VS the 4 inch on the Inch. 7 feet big Sam also had the same problem and he couldn't comfortably put his hands in the inch thumbless. Then came Josh Thigpen and did a thumbless 

13 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

First off, I don’t think anyone is within a country mile of Khaled in thick handles inch style bells right now.

You are correct. Devon was already doing some form of grip but he went serious after he pulled Khaled and knew it's benefit. Imagine a champion (not at his comp peak though) couldn't top roll a non armwrestler and a non strength athlete. Vitaly has the same concept too.

13 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Carl Myerscough is ahead of everyone- he’s done the strictest inch clean (at a height of 6’10”) and the most level lift on the Mbell of anyone. Khaled is mighty on the bells but not the top dog 

I think thick bar grip easily goes to Khaled as he did put some air under Millennium strict first time seeing it and lifting the 98 KG inch without training. In around 7 weeks training with me once a week after his first grip session (working 14 hours a day and eating less food) he was repping the Millennium for 5 strict reps. Carl is crazy strong and one of the best but his best was one strict rep on the Millennium VS Khaled's 5 reps. This shows that Khaled can hold harder in a thick bar. But if you will combine grip AND strength like Inch clean, Inch farmers walk, axle and so on then I will give that to Carl. Simply because Khaled is not strength training rather MMA athlete (not even grip athlete now, his grip is natural). But if he did, he will reach up there so fast. But yeah, I would like to see a face off between them in a same comp.

13 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Would Be nice to see them have a face off. I don’t think Khaled can clean the inch possibly  because he doesn’t have the total body power and technique yet, I do not know as we have never seen him attempt it.

Yes true, Khaled doesn't have the total body strength. He isn't training them because he is doing MMA and his base strength is up there to knock most people out. The MENA grip comp might be back soon next year and I will try to pursue Khaled to compete so people will have chance to go against him in a comp. Outside of comp he welcomes everyone to train with him.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yes that is what I would love to see, Khaled  in a sanctioned  competition to show what he can do against others. That would be a real treat! Make it happen, Iron Sheik!!!! 

I am in total agreement on the thick bar analysis that Khaled is the best we’ve ever seen on the inch style bells far and away . No one reps the largest bells like he had  multiple times in a set like they are empty shopping bags  like he has, not even close. It boggles my mind every time he does it, whether his hand is 9 inches or not.... it’s quite the sight to see. Those that have no idea what these bells are like cannot appreciate it as much as those who have lifted them. 

Will try my best!

9 Inch, strong and THICK. There are others like Derek Smith, Levan, Vitaly, Jaro and others who have similar or bigger hand size than Khaled but Khaled's thickness and cable like tendons and ligaments are made out of steel. Some people will say oh pure genetics that is why he is so strong lucky. Yes, but that is not all. Khaled farmed a lot, worked hard back in his country (and in the garage here) and used to get 3 times a week a barrel full of potatoes back to his house walking 1.5 to 3 hours. He said his brother who have bigger hands did the same but much much faster. Yikes! Point is, yes his genetics helped a lot but he trained too in a unorthodox way in his childhood which built his base strength. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blackjaw said:

Yeah, he is a friggin beast on those dumbbells. I wonder how his MMA training is going?

We are waiting for his official fight. Problem is every time his opponent cancels after confirming. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yup, hard lifestyle and necessity over gym lifts and strength any day of the week. Farming, stevedores, quarry men etc have developed massive strength with no “formal weight training” but their jobs were the sufficient if not superior stimulus.

100%

I mentioned that because many people think you can't get strong except through going to a gym and they laugh when I say no some people can get extremely strong with hard job. Of course I don't mean deadlift and these things, though they can get very strong, but perhaps he will lift a bigger rock than someone with bigger deadlift which lifting a rock is more functional. Those guys think it just is not possible to get strong without paying a gym and a trainer. Gym is good and hard job is also good; both depends on your goal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

This is how the real men of old got strong. By necessity of work. Real, functional strength all over the body and not “linear paths only” like most gym work does. They got strong across all the cross sections of the body and in positions one would never work in a modern gym. Huge stone lifted over a big deadlift on a bar ANY DAY!  I’ve seen lots of guys crumble that have big lifts to “real work” on the farm bailing hay, tossing hay bails or swinging sledges in the blue stone quarries of the Catskills mountains. Work for a day and not complete the day. Quit DAY ONE!! They don’t have the stamina or the will to endure it. They are too busy worried about “resting and losing gains”. 

Agreed 100%

A side story from Laine Snook book which I agree and my father have seen it here when he was young. In the past when someone used to break a bone, the doctor will call upon the strongest man in town (grip wise) to come and hold the bones in the right place so he can wrap it tightly and that those men are usually blacksmiths. Laine also added many of those men work all day long, everyday without rest days yet they has awesome grip and strength despite many if not all will go home late at night having a boiled potato or two. They sometimes have meat or fish and that's that. All was natural and pure.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 8:59 AM, Joe Sullivan said:

Yup, hard lifestyle and necessity over gym lifts and strength any day of the week. Farming, stevedores, quarry men etc have developed massive strength with no “formal weight training” but their jobs were the sufficient if not superior stimulus.

My Grandfather knows a hunting guide in Alaska who hardly trained and was able to lift and carry a 300+ lb black bear up a hill by himself. Also broke a guy's femur in a fight and destroyed a middle-weight AW champ. He worked in the oil fields of Alaska at 20 degrees below zero (at one point as low as 40 below). Tough and strong as hell.  

35 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

My Grandfather knows a hunting guide in Alaska who hardly trained and was able to lift and carry a 300+ lb black bear up a hill by himself. Also broke a guy's femur in a fight and destroyed a middle-weight AW champ. He worked in the oil fields of Alaska at 20 degrees below zero (at one point as low as 40 below). Tough and strong as hell.  

You know I have handled bears at my place? I also know they are capable of killing most of the strongest fighters if not all. Some people just don't understand how strong is 300+ pounds bear! I think people have no idea or they would not say such a BS. Sorry to say but I don't believe a wild bear would stay still and let a man carry it up a hill. Unless you mean he shot the bear, killed it and then did that; I might believe it assuming he was really strong and big with much endurance. 

51 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

You know I have handled bears at my place? I also know they are capable of killing most of the strongest fighters if not all. Some people just don't understand how strong is 300+ pounds bear! I think people have no idea or they would not say such a BS. Sorry to say but I don't believe a wild bear would stay still and let a man carry it up a hill. Unless you mean he shot the bear, killed it and then did that; I might believe it assuming he was really strong and big with much endurance. 

The bear was dead. Yes bears are strong, my grandfather has guided many black and brown bear hunts over the last 30 years. Have heard many stories. 

If you think black bears or even giant brown bears, they’re nothing to a polar bear (as far as aggression goes).

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Btw, I’m still gonna pay for  that signed #3  by the end of the year 🙂

Edited by ChimpGrip

21 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Btw, I’m still gonna pay for  that signed #3  by the end of the year 🙂

Sure. Khaled is here and once we get your gripper he will, crush it hard, grind it and sign it. Then I will send it back to you.