Deadlift 290kg double overhand no hookgrip

SeNoLD

Do you consider double overhand deadlift to be serious exercises for developing grip?
Could you help me find the best deadlifts in this style?

• Like 10

Nice pull David, 300kg coming soon!

Im curious, how much can you deadlift normally?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stranger said:

Nice pull David, 300kg coming soon!

Im curious, how much can you deadlift normally?

330-350

• Like 1

I think thumbless Double Overhand is great for building grip, Its how Kirill Sarychev built his massive grip

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

I think thumbless Double Overhand is great for building grip, Its how Kirill Sarychev built his massive grip

I remember he did a seminar along with Boris Sheiko in Iceland. At the gym of Thor Björnsson. It was after we competed at their powerlifting meet

So we show him the strongman circus dumbbell. Dude picks it up from the floor like a peanut. Hafthor couldn't do it with one hand. Then he picked it up thumbless. That was something to see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeNoLD said:

Do you consider double overhand deadlift to be serious exercises for developing grip?
Could you help me find the best deadlifts in this style?

Great lift, if you have a fat bar or Axle bar you can try to pull with it as well. Lots of fun and great grip training. Also standing with the farmer's walk implements for time is insane forearm pump 💪👌

That.Was.Awesome!

David you are lifting double overhand more than 99% of the people who will comment this post on can lift- this is a world class display of grip- maybe grip feat of the year. Absolutely magnificent- I do not know any one who is your body weight who can equal this lift. 💪💪💪💪💪💪🦾🦾🤙🤙🤙

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Great lift, if you have a fat bar or Axle bar you can try to pull with it as well. Lots of fun and great grip training. Also standing with the farmer's walk implements for time is insane forearm pump 💪👌

Standing with the farmer's walk implements for time is a terrible exercise for the back, my fingers will calmly withstand 200kg in each hand, but the body will be upset)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SeNoLD said:

Standing with the farmer's walk implements for time is a terrible exercise for the back, my fingers will calmly withstand 200kg in each hand, but the body will be upset)

Yeah I've had that too, gave me a massive pump though. Much like the Hercules hold I did in a comp last month. Which probably gave me my biggest pump ever. 107.5 kg per side. Somebody tried to shake my hand afterwards and I could move my fingers lol

Edited by Terry Gripperaddicted

Terry Hollands said on here he had either done 340 or 360, that's the most i've ever heard of. A few strongmen have done 300 on video. This is very difficult to compare though without using the same bar as there's a huge difference between bars. For example I remember Steve (mobster) lifting 220kg one handed (no hook grip) on a bar in the gym, lesser quality bar, doesn't spin much, maybe slightly bent, then i think 151kg at the European championships because it's an Eleiko bar that's tough as hell because the spin is crazy on it. Deadlift bar is also a good bit easier than typical, thinner, doesn't spin much, bendy etc

• Like 1

Very strong David!

I found this in a reddit thread:

Martin Licis have done 656/298kg

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, Lennix said:

Very strong David!

I found this in a reddit thread:

Martin Licis have done 656/298kg

Licis is incomparable!
But the other guy, it seems, the bar does not rotate or something else is wrong, because when you cling to your legs, the load increases too much for the bar to be held

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SeNoLD said:

Licis is incomparable!
But the other guy, it seems, the bar does not rotate or something else is wrong, because when you cling to your legs, the load increases too much for the bar to be held

I agree. Very wierd. Hitching is definitely something I never could have done with double overhand. Hard thing with doubleoverhand is that its so different on different bars as other said. 

David, that was a phenomanal lift! These kind of lifts are hard to compare because if the bar isn't straight, it does't rotate out of your hand. So 290k with a straight bar is aweseome. The bar in the one video above doesn't look straight for me.