Bent a 60d on my first try

Blacksmith513

I know it’s no world record but I am proud. I used wraps from David Horne, it took about 20 mins but I got it. It’s the first of many!

815D845F-F775-440B-8195-19803F605E0D.jpeg

• Like 7

Congrats!just keep with it and that'll be a warm up bend in no time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stranger said:

Congrats!just keep with it and that'll be a warm up bend in no time!

thank you. Once i figured it out it got easier... But it took double over hand to get it started... Then a reverse bend, then back to double over hand and i did it. I can get a 50lbs box of them for 100... I might be able to get a good discount from Home Depot because of a relative who works there. 

I have plenty of 1/4  mild steel in my shop, but I don't want to chop it up into 6inch pieces and bend it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

thank you. Once i figured it out it got easier... But it took double over hand to get it started... Then a reverse bend, then back to double over hand and i did it. I can get a 50lbs box of them for 100... I might be able to get a good discount from Home Depot because of a relative who works there. 

I have plenty of 1/4  mild steel in my shop, but I don't want to chop it up into 6inch pieces and bend it.

Yea, buying those in bulk is great, way cheaper and they don't expire. 

3 minutes ago, stranger said:

Yea, buying those in bulk is great, way cheaper and they don't expire. 

yup, might because to sway my dad into buying  with our company card......because it is a "business expense"..  I'm going to buy another one this weekend and try it out though...  

• Like 1

Well Done! I remember the eye opening experience when I tried a 60d for the first time. Changes you perspective on things lol Can't wait to see you get after some progressions! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChuckinCanuck said:

Well Done! I remember the eye opening experience when I tried a 60d for the first time. Changes you perspective on things lol Can't wait to see you get after some progressions! 

Thank you, it felt amazing.  I'm excited to try again.. Miight see i i could get a few 40d and 50d spikes as well, just for the tissue and ligaments. 

14 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I know it’s no world record but I am proud. I used wraps from David Horne, it took about 20 mins but I got it. It’s the first of many!

815D845F-F775-440B-8195-19803F605E0D.jpeg

Great bend brother! Congratulations my friend! Nothing like the first of many .. a great feeling!🤙

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brett said:

Nice work! Still remember the first time bent a 60 and how exciting it was. Never forget the journey. 

I set my first 60d aside to hold on as a trophy. Definitely a milestone to remember no matter how far you progress in bending.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I set my first 60d aside to hold on as a trophy. Definitely a milestone to remember no matter how far you progress in bending.

I am keeping it. Thank you all, this was my first time ever bending anything. Gonna buy another one and see if I can do it again 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bent two more. First one in about 5 minutes and the next one in a couple. Gonna maybe bend one more shortly.  

078D8351-25A8-4D42-A791-AD9E536D79AD.jpeg

• Like 1

Strong work! To make it harder you could get a bolt cutter and cut off 0.5-1” of the 60D’s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Strong work! To make it harder you could get a bolt cutter and cut off 0.5-1” of the 60D’s.

Thank you....I'll do that, we have a couple bolt cutter some where... The 3rd one, was a little harder than the first two I did.... Don't know if it was a little harder or fatigue...  My forearms are a little tired now... This morning I was doing for my nephews... The younger one was pushing on my arms to help me... They are already fascinated by sledgehammers, and do Judo, they aren't my kids,  and my sister does a great job but i'm trying to plant the seed and influence now for them lead an active life style.