Best Gripper Closes Playlist

Ivan Cuk

I made a playlist to showcase the top closes of all time, is there any closes I have forgotten let me know. I know Carl's close isn't on it but GHP made it for kids so doesn't let me add it to playlist. Note some of these is from same person, this is simply looking at the closes themselves.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On one of the first, or in the first place, there should be a video of Igor Kupinsky 4 reps 20mm BS and 10 MMS reps with CoC#4 . Igor rated this gripper as 94,8kg. But I, and Vano Sukhashvili re-rated some of his grippers, and in all this times our digits was minimum 2-3kg higher.
Now youtube blocked his channel, but if Igor wants to spend time on it, he will be able to share it again. 

• Like 6

In 2019 -Qianchen Yang 31 reps on C0C #3 (20MM) weighing 175 lb and 18 years old!! 

His GHP 9 cert just recently was amazing too

Edited by Kluv#0
Addition
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

On one of the first, or in the first place, there should be a video of Igor Kupinsky 4 reps 20mm BS and 10 MMS reps with CoC#4 . Igor rated this gripper as 94,8kg. But I, and Vano Sukhashvili re-rated some of his grippers, and in all this times our digits was minimum 2-3kg higher.
Now youtube blocked his channel, but if Igor wants to spend time on it, he will be able to share it again. 

Ah yes I forgot of Ushenko and Igor GHP certs they are very strong indeed. Thanks for reminding me!

1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Never seen this before thats amazing 😮 , looking at his channel i see negative videos i take it he got injured? 

Edited by Ivan Cuk
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

No knurling on that one, Thats impressive as hell

I have a gripper with no knurling rated at 307, couldn’t imagine getting a hold of it. Very impressive close in that video! 

17 minutes ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Never seen this before thats amazing 😮 , looking at his channel i see negative videos i take it he got injured? 

not sure of his current status but he is never mentioned. I believe Roger said that he's not good at setting, but I still think this is crazy strong.  Must be a super mutant to not get injured at his level.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ivan Cuk said:

He only train negatives. He doesn't believe any other thing works for him. So he said.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I have a gripper with no knurling rated at 307, couldn’t imagine getting a hold of it. Very impressive close in that video! 

In all fairness tho a gripper rated at 307 would be borderline impossible even if it was knurled like a GHP xD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

In all fairness tho a gripper rated at 307 would be borderline impossible even if it was knurled like a GHP xD

Yes I don't see anyone closing a gripper like that in a foreseeable future. Unless you go to the zoo :D

That's a chest crush gripper and nothing else. Maybe something to use for negatives if you want to completely break your hands :D 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Yeah it’s one of my favorite showpieces in my collection. I’m going to put it in a museum-quality glass case

5 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Ah yes I forgot of Ushenko and Igor GHP certs they are very strong indeed. Thanks for reminding me!

I don't remember the rating of that GHP-9. But David Shamey closed the same gripper as Igor and Artem. If Igor will in a good mood for archeology, he will be able to upload videos with CoC-3 31 reps (20mm BS) and 12 reps (20mm BS) with CoC-3,5 too...

• Like 2

Now that’s a great compilation of some very strong closes. Especially @SeNoLD being on another level here. Excited about his comeback! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I don't remember the rating of that GHP-9. But David Shamey closed the same gripper as Igor and Artem. If Igor will in a good mood for archeology, he will be able to upload videos with CoC-3 31 reps (20mm BS) and 12 reps (20mm BS) with CoC-3,5 too...

200 rgc ghp 9 they closed, easily)

2 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

200 rgc ghp 9 they closed, easily)

May be. When Igor and I were calibrating our grippers, he did not have that 9. And in my notes there are no digits about it, respectively.... On his new channel there is a video with closing RB400. Igor rated it as 98.5kg, while I - as 100.1kg. Really, I think, there are up to 102kg. We had no much experience with rating then. Too many movements up and down with a gradual selection of weight led to the fact that the real numbers decreased by about +/-2 kg for every 50 from Igor's result. I know this from the results obtained by a more reliable calibration according to the Sukhashvili method and compared to grippers calibrated by CPW and Gil Goodman ...

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

May be. When Igor and I were calibrating our grippers, he did not have that 9. And in my notes there are no digits about it, respectively.... On his new channel there is a video with closing RB400. Igor rated it as 98.5kg, while I - as 100.1kg. Really, I think, there are up to 102kg. We had no much experience with rating then. Too many movements up and down with a gradual selection of weight led to the fact that the real numbers decreased by about +/-2 kg for every 50 from Igor's result. I know this from the results obtained by a more reliable calibration according to the Sukhashvili method and compared to grippers calibrated by CPW and Gil Goodman ...

Does Artem still do grippers?

11 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Does Artem still do grippers?

No. He is a little older than you, so his interests change quite quickly, as is typical of young and impulsive people. But he has spent his entire life in different sports, so I think sooner or later he will return to our favorite grip sport! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

No. He is a little older than you, so his interests change quite quickly, as is typical of young and impulsive people. But he has spent his entire life in different sports, so I think sooner or later he will return to our favorite grip sport! 

I understand, I too have that problem. As we get older it will wear off naturally.

• Like 1