Get a load of this!

Tommy J.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:47 AM, Joe Sullivan said:

Truth!! Here is my wrap on a 2.5 inch sahlaney inch handle. My hand barely scrapes the 8 inch mark. I couldn’t imagine how hard it would be for smaller than 8 inch  hands and man do I give super extra credit points for those that lift it with hands from the  7 inch range, especially if it took years and years of trial and error. 

AB8815FB-2E37-48C2-A25D-9A2EFB076CA8.pngC2DE783B-1EBD-4A6A-85BD-ECE76410B22A.thumb.jpeg.1afdda58f54c466e21dfd625fb454741.jpeg

Joe, here’s my 8” hand on a 2.5” crusher. Hand thickness makes a huge difference. My wife’s hand is 7”, but her wrap is nearly the same as mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JasonD said:

Joe, here’s my 8” hand on a 2.5” crusher. Hand thickness makes a huge difference. My wife’s hand is 7”, but her wrap is nearly the same as mine.

Thanks for sharing the info I never thought of hand thickness playing such a role but it makes sense what your saying. Also you are an incredible gripster and your wife Melissa is unreal. Still can't get over her silver bullet result from Jedd's meet(I think it was a coc #3?). Jason I was blown away by your 300lb 2" saxon lift that was insane. 

• Like 1

I’m gonna go ahead and use the thick hands as my excuse that I’m not stronger on thickbar. 😜

To me they look normal. And also proportional on me. But when I put my hand flat against someone else’s it is obvious I’m a bit of an orc. Not quite like Delmars or Denis, but definitely up there. That is something I have literally never noticed until Tanner asked Stephen and I to compare our hands at a practice not long ago.

I guess since it probably sounds like a douche bag humble brag, I’ll just get some pics of my hands up next to the guys at practice or at work and let you guys decide.

note that thick don’t equal super strength tho..

they are definitely built more for bashing crap and working than they are for lifting crap. Lol

also note that it takes me a long time to do any lengthy posts.. I have to do like a 5-6 characters forward and 3 characters back sort of thing when I type on my phone. It makes me want to twist my phone in half at times.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 3:13 AM, Bigfoot Grip said:

Thanks for sharing the info I never thought of hand thickness playing such a role but it makes sense what your saying. Also you are an incredible gripster and your wife Melissa is unreal. Still can't get over her silver bullet result from Jedd's meet(I think it was a coc #3?). Jason I was blown away by your 300lb 2" saxon lift that was insane. 

Thank you! Yes, Melissa has done a #3 silver bullet in three contests now.

• Like 1