Grippers

Guest David Fralick

Guest David Fralick

I'm finaly going to order some new grippers, but what grippers should i order? I have a #1, #2, two #3's, and a BBM. Of my two #3's i have a Hard one and an easy one. I can sometimes close my easy one but am 1/2" away on my hard one.

I have ordered a CC collar, and am ordering an RB260, and 300. What i need help on is should i order a #4, BBGM, and BBE, or BBGM, BBE, PDA .280?

I just ordered a BBGM, another 3, a BBE, and two 4's (and a BB Beginner for my kid for x-mas) A friend of mine is gonna get one of my 3's, and one of the 4's. My thinking is that I'm gonna keep the 3 that feels like it's most between the BBGM and the BBE. I can get my #2 for about 7-8 reps and do cheat close/negatives w/ my 3. I figure what I gain in having the intermediate steps is that I'll have more options. Won't be a matter of either doing 20 reps w/ a 2 or zero reps w/ the 3.

Crap, I just looked at my invoice, and it looks like they have me down for a Super Master. Crap crap crap. That's more like a #2, isn't it? Crap crap crap. I might try to give a call ASAP and see if he maybe hasn't shipped them yet for some reason... Crap crap crap.

That's awsome, you guys have a heck of a collection. I need to expand beond my Ironmind grippers and find some between the #2 and #3 and eventually between the #3 and#4 but thats the least of my worries now.

Dave , I have both the BBGM and BBE ( and all the rest of the WLW grippers :D ). I really like the BBGM, it has a different feel than my #3, harder on the close. I agree with Old Guy, based on what you have I would, get a BBGM and the BBE, if you want to try something different from the IM grippers. If not try the BBGM and a #4. If you can swing it ,get all 3! :laugh I have to say though, my #4 is a BRICK, its about 2 years old though, the new ones MIGHT be easier, as always all grippers vary. Mike

CMunger, I almost forgot the BBSM is more like a strong 2.5-2.7, much tougher than a #2, in my opinion. I know that doesnt solve your problem, but it is a good gripper to warm up with for the heavier grippers. Mike

Really? I read that the SM was about a 2, and that the GM was more like a 2.x between the 2 and 3... Well, anyhow, I left a message on the WLW voicemail last night ot change my order in case it hadn't shipped, and I got an updated invoice, so I think I was able to get it changed to the GM... On paper it's the right call. We'll see. Worst case scenario I have another hard gripper.

CMunger, dont make the mistake I did, I know what the WLW website says, and I am not sure how they came up with those poundages. I would go by the wire diameter, for example the BBGM is the same as the #3, but they do have a different feel in my opinion. A lot of the people on the board think that wire size is the way to go when comparing grippers (there are other variables of course). There is an old thread in the FAQ section that explains the size differences between grippers. I can tell you that a #2 is .260 , a BBSM is .275, and #3 and BBGM are around .281. Believe me though, you will be very happy with the BBGM, it is my favorite gripper. Hope this helps. Mike

I got one of the weaker BBGM from awhile ago. Slightly harder than my #2.

Wire size .281. I'm wanting to get a BBSM, another BBGM, and a BBE.

BBalldad, in a thread from about a month ago (in this forum) Zcor mentioned that the 1st batch of BBGM were "miscoiled" according to Mr. Tettings, and that they have since been corrected. I think my BBGM is on par with my #3 (I never tried another one, but I am sure it is a"HARD #3" :laugh ) I can get them both to the last 1/8 inch, I actually think I closed it yesterday.I will send in some proof once I get a good shot of it! Mike

Great Job Mike. I read the post about the miscoiling on that batch of BBGM. Just mentioning that that was what I had. Worked out good for me at the time actually.

As I had just got the #2 closed. A week later I closed the miscoiled BBGM I have. I then purchased a pda .280 that I closed with the help of the KTA Program. I have two #3's one hard one easier. Working on those two! Sounds like to me another BBGM would be another great purchase along with the BBSM and the BBE.

Congrats on closing the .280, thats about as close to a #3 as you can get! I cant say enough about the BBSM and BBGM (along with the PDA.280), these are probably the best tools for closing the #3 (ok maybe a collar)! The BBE is an awesome gripper,and it will be a while for that one! But that is the best part of gripper training, always having another to go after! Good luck with the training. Mike