Bending Recovery And General Hand Maintenance

stephen aish

heres a good maintenace workout for any kind of heavy grip work-especially bending and heavy crushing.

put your loading pin or a steel bar on the floor in front of you. place the palm of one hand on the bar and the other hand on top of the first for added pressure and support. simply roll the hand back and forth adjusting the pressure to help any stress or tension in the palm area. the fingers can also be worked in the same manner. flexing the fingers apart and upward slightly opens the palm more and works the pressure point there slightly.

if, like me and many others, you experience a slight cramp in the muscle on the outside of the hand under the small finger-turn the hand so you are chopping the bar, and perform the same action. the same can also be done with the thumb pad by rotating the hand so the small finger is higher than the rest of the hand.

i found 5 minutes of this with various pressures and different angles to be very good and my hands feel much better for it.

hope this helps

stephen