Ttk And Gripinator Records!?!

Patrik_F

What is the most weight done on the Titans Telegraph Key and on the Gripinator grip machine, for full reps?

My best so far is 19 kgs for 5 reps on the TTK two handed and 25 kgs for 5 reps on the G. I havent maxed in a while, but it isnt much more weight than that used.

I train a lot on those two machines and it is nice to have something to shoot for. It was a long time ago I heard anyone mentioning weights used on the TTK and the G.

Good question. I'm gonna have to check my log book. I think my best on the G was somewhere around 50lbs full range of motion.

ROM on the Grippinator makes a huge difference, since the weight is pretty much constant throughout the close. I am currently training with a 1" ROM, and I work up to 80#, for a single. The toughest gripper I can close is a BBSM.

Training with the full ROM on the Grippinator is great for your sweep, but doesn't mimic a gripper very well. I would empasize negatives and short ROM closes.

Robert

Looks like 52.5lbs sometime last July. Haven't tried it since. Mostly do negatives with the G.

RSW, I know your a fan of no set closes. Are you closing your SM without a set?

-HH

I wonder how many people have a Gripinator? It is expensive. I guess more people have the Titans Telegraph Key? So, how much weight have you done with it? Speak up! :)

I wonder how many people have a Gripinator? It is expensive. I guess more people have the Titans Telegraph Key? So, how much weight have you done with it? Speak up!  :)

I think most Gripinator owners use them for negatives. I would guess that my full ROM close will be ~100# by the time I can close a #3.

Are you closing your SM without a set?

Not consistently, most times I just miss it.

Robert

Edited by RSW