New Company Making Some Nice Looking Thickbars

savagewood

If you go to "contacts" and follow the link to their "online secure site" you can look at prices for their thick bars. I don't see DBs listed. In any case the online secure site's security certificate expired back in July which tells me this is no longer a viable e-commerce website.

[edited for typo]

they sell some PRETTY stuff. but i think its one of those 'if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it' places! $300 and up for a set of kettlebells! a 2" bar for $460 PLUS $60 SH! really nice though.

My daughter bought me a pair of dumbells for my 60th birthday

this year- she first called Kim Wood to get the phone number

(because Kim had gifted my wife with a pair of ten pounders)

and then ordered the bells for me. They are engraved with my

name and Happy 60th, and they may well be the best dumbells I

have ever felt.

I also have three of the thick barbell bars from this company- top

line quality which I suspect I could not afford ( they were gifts).

The Michigan weight room has a complete set of these and 1.5 inch dumbbels too, surprise! They are the highest quality and you can actually do some things with the larger bars. For example, you really cant do much with a solid 3 inch bar. It weighs around 150 pounds. You can't clean it, can't curl it etc. With these bars you get the diameter and strength without the weight. Very useful when training for thick bar feats. Olympic movements are a whole different ballgame on these babies...

By the sounds of the posts that you have recently written, John, that Michigan weight room sounds like some place I would like to visit. You don't hear about the types of equipment that you have mentioned in many collegiate gyms, in my experience.

-Jedd-

Yes, definately one of a kind. No excuses in there since it has literally everything . I dont remember offhand if theres anyone from Michigan (or nearbye )on the board. If there is, Id be glad to take them in and show them around one day.

John, what do you do for a living?

Also, as I'm very familiar with Iowa State's weight facilities, I'd love to see pictures, to compare of course :)

I think some of the powerhouse D1 weight facilities are just to die for. Thats one thing I get weak at the knees about ... a very nice weight facility.

Im in Grad School at UM which is why Im home on a Friday night writing a paper :whacked. Sorry,no pictures: no cameras allowed in the UM weight room.

John Wood,

My Mom just flew back from Detroit today after spending a week in Michigan.

Her biggest complaint: she couldn't find any U of MI stuff to bring back -- they don't sell any of it in the gift shops, just Pistons and Red Wing clothing. What gives?

Detroit is a ghetto combat zone. Everything is up for grabs.

Dave and Barry's on campus sells UM Tshirts buy 2 get 5 free. How bout them apples?