#2 Gripper Challenge

strongmitts

My last quarter here at Lousiana Tech I am assisting with a weight training class as one of my practicuums required. The guy teaching the class is a grad student (Emilio) that is an ex-tech lifter buddy of mine and now helping coach this years team. Anyway, he is a heck of a strong guy squatting close to 800 and benching over 500 in USAPL & IPF meets. He was never a really good deadlifter due to some major grip problems. I took him under my wing, and he trained his grip two times a week for about a year. Needless to say, his deadlift took off and I believe his best was around 670. I brought my grippers to class the other day to let a guy try them, and Emilio offered a free "A" to anyone that could close the #2. He said, if you can close this gripper you don't even have to show up for class the rest of the quarter and I will give you an A. Nobody closed it. Just thought it was a funny story, and I would share it. Chris Caffery

That is a funny story. I wish I had more teachers like that!

great story.

Great story Strongmitts!!!

Must have felt some pride when your training helped him improve his deadlift so much!!!

Jon@han

Not really, I was just happy to have someone that was interested in training grip with me. :D

No doubt. It's hard to find people intrested in hand strength. I'm luck that my brother likes grip. Mabey it's in the genes. :D

-HH

:D I got a coach here in N. California who's the same way. In his weightlifting class, anyone with a decent build gets an "A". Or anyone who B.S's enough with him. ..... I think I'll show him my #2..... :D