Catspaw

pexter

Has anyone tried one of these? It looks pretty good. Kinda like a snowball for the extensors. I'm just worried about it falling apart or being too easy.

Buy the 3 pack.You can use 2 or 3 at the same time on 1 hand,for added resistance.

Edited by pexter

Will more than 2 fit on the ends of the fingers at the same time without retarding the movement? If so it would be great to see how much strain the extensors can handle. they are difficult to train.

they are difficult to train

I don't think they are difficult to train, you just have to use your imagination a bit.

Here's one that I do.

1. Take a cardboard pipe with about a 3 inch diameter and cut it in about a 4 to 6 inch lengh.

2. Punch two holes in it about one inch from one end. (Both holes at the same end, allong a straight line though the center of the pipe.)

3. Attach hooks to the holes and hang weight from the hooks. (I use carrabeeners)

4. Insert fingers though the opposite end and lift pipe with finger extensor strength only.

BOOM. A good isometirc exercise.

-Jedd-

Thats actually a great idea! I had to picture it in my head for a minute to figure out what you meant, but it definitely seems unique. I'll give it a try. I think my dad has some old stovepipe laying around the shop thats about 3 " in diameter. maybe I'll make a more durable one. Thanks for the tip, 'cause reverse wrist curls for the extensors is pretty difficult to isolate. :bow:bow:bow

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/gripsaver.htm

Here's a similiar product that I've used for warming up rock climbing. The resistance is not difficult so it wouldn't be a strength tool but it might serve as a model to build from to make a stronger extensor tool. For a way to warm up and pump a little blood through for an actice rest day, it works all right.

Chips,

When i said pipe, I was referring to cardboard pipe. What you do is get it wet, and then it conforms to your hand a little better. Stove pipe is made of metal isn't it? Won't that dig into your fingers and cause undue pain? The card board will not once it is altered after wtting it.

Climber,

I am editing this post now to say thanks for posting that interesting extensor implement. Very cool.

Jedd

Edited by Jedd Johnson

How would you form it to your hand? If it was round. it would seem to me to work fine. I wouldn't worry about the pipe,it can be insulated with the right diameter pipe insulation. just glue it on the inside rather than wrap it around the outside.The flex in the foam might also help strengthen the fingers a bit

How would you form it to your hand?
After you get it it wet, stick your hand in it and force it open. This will leave the shape yof your fingers in the pipe, and it will stay that way, almost stretched out, kind of.
I wouldn't worry about the pipe,it can be insulated with the right diameter pipe insulation.

That's another good idea, bro!

The flex in the foam might also help strengthen the fingers a bit

Is that stuff expensive, though?

I couldn't imagine the foam being more than a dollar or two for several feet. Home Depot should buy rent space from the Gripboard, they have practically everything you could imagine to build an impressive home gym of grip training stuff. The last trip I had there I was able to make two wrist rollers for $4.83!! :rock