Holy Moly.

Clay Edgin

I work in an office, so paper that normally needs to be shredded accumulates pretty quickly around here. I just spent the last 10 minutes tearing a half inch stack of paper into seven pieces and my hands are absolutely fried. I'm having trouble typing right now! This is such a good workout. I did it with both palms down (standard phone book tearing technique) and I also did it as if it was a deck of cards with my grip reversed. This is fun. I urge everyone to give this a shot.

I've tried to tear a deck of cards before and it seems so close to imposible, its humbling. My poker buddies and I buy our cards at Costco, so we go thru two decks a week. So I always have a ton laying around. I think the lamination is what really reinforces the deck so, yeah I think starting out with a few stacks of newsprint or whatever is laying around is a good place to start. :rock

The recycling bin is an awsome grip tool! :rock

I discovered this too, when I was searching for old phone books to practice with. Also, magazine recycling bins are awsome too.

Try keeping track of your progress by starting with two pieces of paper, tear it, stack it, tear it... until you can't tear it, then make that stack your next goal. When it gets too small, try 3 pieces of paper, torn and stacked. I worked up to some serious stacks of paper like this.

Yeah, Jedd grabbed thousands of pamphlets from his workplace and he practices all the time tearing stacks of them. Last weekend he took 50 pamphlets --ripped them in half, stack them on top of each of and tore the 100 pamphlets half stacks!!!

It was an awesome effort !!

I can now make fun of cards, i started to put duck tape around them now, i'm at 2 layers on a hard deck!