"crimp" Gripping

mcham

To simulate holding onto a pack of cards I've been lifting a card-pack sized block by "crimping" it between the base of my hand and the last 2 joints of my fingers... i.e. thumbless pinching.

I like it a lot, and feels very functional - you have lift things like this in "real" life quite often.

Very different to normal pinching - no thumb, and you have to cock your wrists backwards and squeeze the palm of your hand together.

Anyone else practice this lift?

(I call it "crimping" because I think pinching implies using your thumb.... "thumbless pinching" probably better, but boring)

I train on a similar home-made tool like that. It's a unique movement for sure.

I'm guessing you call it a crimp based off of the climbing "Crimp", because of the hand position? Makes sense. In my book too, it will for now on be called the crimp.

bender - yup - called it crimp from climbing terminology... not exactly the same hand position but similar. I used to climb but as I got heavier I was finding it was damaging my body... just too much stress... e.g. one of my ribs loosened and started popping in and out from behind my sternum.

Banana sized digits!? scary! ... but then I could join the circus :)

Actually the correct term is penis fingers but that just gives a scary mental picture.It would be a small price to pay to have to re-size any rings on your hands though.