Scrolling - First Attempt

smitty

Jedd and I scrolled 1/2 rebar today. We were able to put a loop in it and bring it around again and cross the ends. Is this good? It was a really hard effort, that's all I know. We were inspired by Steve and Tommy at Rick's contest. They scrolled after the contest!

Your doing great Smitty! That stuff will get in your blood big time. I got 60 feet of steel order for Thursday. Just used my last piece today for a show. I am going to try a 20 foot piece soon. Did you start it in your teeth?

No, I started across my leg and dropped both ends. Then I took 1 end and put it into my hip (with a towel protecting), and pulled the ends together. Then I grabbed both ends and crossed them , and then repeated until I crossed them a second time. Thanks for the praise and inspiration Steve!

You think with all the scrolling through these message boards we'd all be masters at it by now :stuart

Seriously, it was very inspiring watching Tommy and Big Steve warp all that metal. I might have to follow the Diesel crew's lead and give it a try too!

Jon@han

Watch your elbow tendons. When you start the bend in your mouth or around your neck. Stay away from CRS for now it will hurt you. Learn the techniques and strengthen those tendons. One thing I have learned is when you buy steel at Home Depot and Lowes it ain't always what it is marked. Drop the steel on the floor the one that tings the loudest will be the harder if the steel. HRS rolled is a duller ting. I showed ya'll this at Rick's with the 2 different 14'' spikes.