Equipment, Copies, Etc.

Bill Piche

Here's the deal. Making a machine for yourself is obviously not an issue. But, if anyone doesn't think that the recent thread was of someone now selling a copy of the GLX, uhhhh, come on guys. This board is sponsored by PDA if you didn't know it. So, why would anyone sponsor a board where their equipment is copied and then advertised for sale on the same board! I wouldn't. It's also not right, period. Also, ignorance of patent laws, etc. isn't a "get of of jail card for free". The statement "80 dollars shipping" tells me quite a bit in itself. There will be none of this anymore on the gripboard. Personal use fine. Using it to copy a manufacturers patented equipment (if you don't think it is, go ahead and TEST that and see what you get) is not gonna happen.

By the way, it would not matter if it was John at Fat Barbell, Randy Strossen, John Szimanski, or whoever (if they had patented equipment being copied and then advertised for sale on this board). It's not right, period. The reason John at PDA is mentioned is that I believe the patent(s) are not held by John but he was given the rights to make it.