Heavy Grip Grippers

bender

I finally received my set of “Heavy Grip” grippers.

I must say that they are only slightly better than the Lemley gripper, and only come in two strengths comparable to a Trainer and #1. The handles were set at different depths, and there is a “choker” on them so that they only open to 2.25”. A nice idea, if you have trouble setting a #1.

Overall, they add a nice touch to the gripper collection. Bright silver chromed, and semi-nice. Unique shape.

I guess on a bad note, the spring looks horrible. It’s like it wasn’t wound correctly and bulges funny when you close it. Also, I swear both edges are dog-legged. On the other hand, they are indeed Left-hand grippers. Any beginning left-handed gripster would enjoy them.

Conclusion: The “#1” makes a nice in-the-car gripper.

I bought both the trainer and #1 from heavy grips too bender. Thought I had ordered ironmind. I know they aren't called trainer and #1 but they were stamped with the wrong poundage on them. I bought that set. Think the trainer said Heavy Grip 250. And the other Heavy Grip 300. Anyway I filed down both and my trainer spring broke on me.

I like how they are small, poorly made springs that have been chromed, and then they come with a life-time guarentee. An interesting concept for sure.