actions

of evil people. On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers

allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed

terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that

motivated their captors. On September 11, thousands of innocent people

were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality

that

some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political

pundits, pacifists and media personnel want us to forget the carnage.

They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the

cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation

of

the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will

assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the

planes crashing into the Twin Towers. I will not be manipulated. I

will

not pretend to understand. I will not forget. I will not forget the

liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country

when it

was vulnerable and hurting. I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan

Rather

preceded President Bush's address to the nation with the snide remark,

"No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president." I will

not

forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush's

motives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented,

"We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington." And I will

not

forget that t ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren't informed

of

every little detail of this war, they aren't "likely -- nor should

they

be expected -- to show deference." I will not isolate myself from my

fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was

not

an attack on the United States of America. I will not forget the

Clinton

administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with

the

world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption

technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist

radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications. I will

not

be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those

perfected by the previous administration. I will not be comforted by

"feel-good, do nothing" regulations like the silly "Have your bags

been

under your control?" question at the airport. I will not be influenced

by

so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who exploit the right of expression

to

chant anti-American obscenities. I will not forget the moral victory

handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who reviled and

spat upon the returning soldiers, airmen, sailors and Marines. I will

not

be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance

over reality. I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair

who told Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the

slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but

70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds,

no

point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be

defeated by it. And defeat it we must!" I will force myself to:

-hear the weeping

-feel the helplessness

-imagine the terror

-sense the panic

-smell the burning flesh

- experience the loss

- remember the hatred. I sat in a movie theater, watching "Private

Ryan"

and asked myself, "Where did they find the courage?" Now I know. We

have

no choice. Living without liberty is not living." -- Ed Evans, MGySgt.,

USMC (Ret.)

DO NOT FORGET!!!!

Rick Walker :rock

My youngest daughter had occasion to be in NYC following 9-11.

She saw the scene and said it literally made her heart hurt.

As I recall, 3Crusher worked very near the Towers.

“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty”.

-Thomas Jefferson

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

Freedom is something we sometimes take for granted and that fateful two years ago shows us that freedom often comes with a price and for those that fell that day not just in NY they showed us that our continued freedom is worth fighting for and even dying for. Lest us never forget and may they rest in peace.

To all our American friends,

I wish to express my support on a day which has so many strong memories for a lot of people. England stood by you at the time and I, for one, stand by you now.

Kind regards,

Diggory.

Never forget. Also remember God makes things happen for a reason. Theres no escaping the wrath of God and man will have to pay for his actions.

It's hard to believe it's been 2 years. The kids are even solemn at school today. We have a football game tonight, seems like a bad night to play.

Never forget!

http://home.comcast.net/~sept11/

Roark,

I worked directly across the street from the WTC, and I will never, ever forget the horrible stuff I saw that day for as long as I live. I will always feel very deep sympathy for any families that lost a loved one on this tragic day. The weather today is absolutely beautiful like it was that horrendous day two years ago-sunny and not a cloud in the sky. It is a priviledge to live in a country where you have the freedom to express yourself. We can never take that for granted.

The principal at my school asked for a minute of silence, in the remembering of 9-11 events. I'll talk about it with my 8 years old students who probably don't know much about it.

I can tell you for sure that the souvenir of the events will be in my mind for as long as I live.

You can't forget such things.

As everyone in the thread has already stated, anybody who was alive that day will never forget the tragedies that occurred on 9/11/01. I know I will never forget that day as long as I live, remembering everything as it unfolded before our eyes, not uttering a word at my workplace, just looking around at all the blank stares as we watched on t.v. in shock and disbelief. I think we , as a nation , grew much stronger after that day, and I am sure everyone on the site will have their own private moments remembering this day. We will not forget. Mike

Heath,

Thank you for that link. If any one ever questions why this country is doing what it is doing-they only need to click on the link and watch.

If that doesnt bring the tears to your eyes....

Rick Walker < <

For some reason that morning I felt that I had to turn on the TV, something I never do before the evening. It was a news program. they said that a plane had just crashed into the WTC. My first thought was it was no accident. This was confirmed when a second plane hit the other tower. It was clear that both buildings would be destroyed and a great many lives lost. I turned off the TV in a state of shock. Later I went online. The first thing I read was that both towers had

collapsed. I wept a lot that day and realized what it must have been like for my mother who lived in London during WW II, and experienced heavy bombing night after night for years. It turned out that some of the hijackers had been living in my neighborhood, and by chance my son had seen them in person.

Don't flame me three quarters to death on this one.

Please.

I love this country. I chose to move here and make it my home. It means more to me, having WANTED to come here and BELIEVING in what it stands for, than just being here by default of having been born here.

I saw something beautiful come out of the tragedy of 9/11 - a lot of people banding together and getting it done - firefighters sweating blood to recover people, even if it was so a casket wouldn't be empty at a memorial, so someone could have closure. Impromptu ceremonies, where people gave and gave money and blood to the Red Cross.

But one of the things that truly sickens and saddens me is a lot of the CRASS exploitation of this occasion. People peddling made-in-china empty slogan T-shirts, to capitalise on the event. News media, making mountains out of molehills, trying to vampirically suck every drop of ratings out of any peripheral event pertaining to the tragedy. Politicians and talk show hosts making political capital out of the event, both on the left and right wings.

People scotch-taping flags to their cars, with the thought in the back of their minds that when people start to get back to normal, they can take it down with no trace of the patriotism they were caught up in. Rick has one TATTOOED on his ARM. Those colours won't run, and I don't want to see what happens to the person who tries to burn them.

Let us never forget, for sure. The solidarity, the very very real solidarity of all Americans and people-trying-to-become-Americans at that moment was palpable, real, and visceral. THAT is what makes America great.

I don't believe anyone here has cheapened 9/11 in any way - but it's coming. And that turns my stomach.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry::angry::angry:

Looks like someone else isn't forgetting 9/11 either

LONDON, England -- A UK-based Islamist group is planning a conference on September 11 hailing the suicide attackers who killed thousands in New York and Washington as "The Magnificent 19."

The group al-Muhajiroun have reportedly put up posters around Britain displaying the slogan and pictures of the hijackers ahead of the second anniversary of the attacks.

The poster, seen on the group's Web site, also shows images of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden superimposed on a picture of the World Trade Center towers in flames.

According to its site, the group says it will hold a news conference in north London on Thursday at which the venue of the conference will be announced.

Reuters news agency reported the group plans to hold conferences in four British cities -- London, Birmingham, Leicester and Manchester -- to mark the September 11, 2001, anniversary.

British authorities said police would be monitoring the group, and mainstream Muslim groups have denounced al-Muhajiroun as a radical organization that misrepresents the views of the country's two million Muslims.

But a spokesman for the group, Abu Omar, said this week that the actions of the 19 hijackers were "quite splendid" and were "completely justified" by Sharia law.

Omar said Muslims who condemned the attacks were "apostates" whose opinions should carry no weight.

"I believe that the Muslim community around the world believes those 19 were magnificent," Omar told the BBC.

The organization's UK head, Anjem Choudary, told Reuters: "Those individuals are Muslims, they were carrying out their Islamic responsibility and duty, so in that respect they were magnificent, and the Muslims worldwide hope that they are accepted as martyrs in the eyes of God."

Now I am MAD. HOPPING MAD. FURIOUS.

Jedd made a comment as he was leaving my house Sunday. He told me that my wife and I were very patriotic, and he found that to be very cool. A large flag adorns my front porch, every planter has a flag in it, all around my rock garden flags fly, yellow ribbons are tied around my front porch steps, and 2 flags greet you at the foot of my side walk.

My grandfather found our Freedom important enough to leave college and enter WWII. He was a foot soldier and saw things that he could never bring himself to speak of, even in his old age. He got up in the movie theater in the middle of "Saving Private Ryan" and walked out in tears. When he died, his Bronze Star and many other medals adorned his chest.

Three of my uncles found our Freedom important enough to leave their families and go to Vietnam. One of them did three tours. They must have seen things that we will NEVER see.

My step-brother found our Freedom important enough to leave home and go to the Gulf War. His friend died after stepping on a land mine very close to him.

My best friend found our Freedom important enough to join the Army Reserve. He called me from Ground Zero weeping. I wept with him.

The only thing that kept me out was this damn asthma, and more recently, my pacemaker.

I agree with you Razorman. Everyone was wearing flag shirts today, had flags flyin out front of their houses, etc. I wear my Flag EVERYDAY. I fly my Flags EVERYDAY. Anyone who disrespects this Nation or it's Flag in front of me will be delt with swiftly.

Don't use September 11th or July 4th to celebrate your country-CELEBRATE IT EVERYDAY!

You actually wear your flag IN YOUR SKIN, Rick.

I don't think ANYONE anywhere can ever doubt your patriotism.

Luckily, the three countries to which I pledge allegiance are all allies..... but the vexillography of the situation is rather complex, so we fly no flag.....

;)

Rick,

If Bush had any balls at all we would have invaded the real enemy Saudi Arabia, instead of this BS, "wag the dog" type distraction, of a war against Iraq. Yes, Sadam is a bad guy, but there are much bigger threats to the world than Iraq.

Unfortunately, Bush/Cheney are far too cozy with the enemy for that to happen.

It is very unlikely that the assassination of Anna Lindh wasnt politically motivated, at least somehow. Atm it seems like it was a "maniac" who did it, not very well organised and planned. Someone who saw a very famous person and got enraged. That is only speculation ofc, it is not even clear exactly what happend yet, but who knows?

That was my comment exactly Bill.

Shame on those of you trying to turn this into a political debate. This is a day of mourning-and thus should be held sacred.

Keep your political comments to yourself.

Bill, if you have to lock it up-do so.