Leftward Wound Springs

AP

Instead of putting out a ton of uncloseable grippers, has warren tetting (or anyone else) considered making ones with the spring wound the other direction, like the lemleys? Sure its a pretty nonessentail peice of equipment, but with gripper makers now trying to develop the most unsqueezable bookend on the market (the WC WT Galaxy ect.) a gripper made for the left hand seems pretty interesting. How do you lefties feel about this? would anyone buy these?

Springs wound "to the left" are the work of the Devil!!! :devil:devil

I got 10 Lemley's and got rid of them all. I didn't like those grippers for some reason.

Springs wound "to the left" are the work of the Devil!!! :devil:devil

It's not so ironic that 'left' in Latin is 'sinister'. 'Dextra' is 'right', so if you're ambidextrous you have two right hands. Nobody has a 'lefthand man'. We have a 'righthand' man. Yup... lefties are weird... if this post is any indication.

BC.

OldGuy, do you use a Lemley's or left-handed gripper regularly? Or how much experience have you had with them in the past? My Lemley feels odd in either hand but I've never used it much. As with anything, practice makes better.

I'd rather see a gripper that's wound for the left hand than see another 'Super-dilly-scrumptious' gripper that I'm never going to close.

BC.

Exactly, I think there are a lot of practical things that these 'gripper artists' could be working on. like what about a torsion spring pincher? One that fits in your hand like a pinch block and doesn't cause you to crimp your fingers like a pony clamp. It could have that great feel like the cocs and a large knurled area to pinch. Or how bout a gripper like the ivanko only with the high quality that we expect from the rb grippers. A nice large knurled steel (or Brass) grip to squeeze with adjustable settings. Sure these aren't high priority pieces of equipment (i'm using a pony clamp for pinchers right now and it works ok) but if these guys just follow behind ironmind and dont innovate, they're always going to be second place. If Warren's got the passion and the time to make more galaxy grippers why not experiment, come up with something new?

Edited by AP