Your Most Treasured Gripper

Cannon

I'd be pretty upset if I lost my #1. My dad gave it to me when I was a kid, it was the first real gripper I ever closed. It got me interested in grippers, and now gripsport. It's old and rusty but I still use it almost every workout!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My most treasured gripper will always be my old Double stamped Black springed COC Trainer.

It was the first gripper I ever bought back in 2002 aged 15. I bought It direct from Ironmind, I had read about them online and was so excited for it to be delivered. It took about 2 weeks from the USA to England but it felt like an eternity. It came with a hand written note wishing me well and good training etc from Randall strossen which I thought was a nice touch from Ironmind.

When I opened the packaging I could only close it for a few reps at first but that soon changed and I ended up buying a 1, 2 and 3 soon afterwards which I still have, you don't see the old double stamped that often these days. I still use my old trainer to warm up to this day. 

IMG_20231012_172612.jpg

IMG_20231012_172723.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 13

• 3 months later...

Been some time I've been on here, but the most treasured gripper is this 201 rated #4.

I recall getting a message or a tag from @Cannon after rating it, as I was looking for a gripper around the 200mark.

Still not closed it, but as I get back into grippers it will happen.

20240114_120506.jpg

• Like 10

Its a toss up between My original set of COCs 1-2.5, as they where the first grip related thing I bought or the Vulcan V2 I bought off a member here, only because that means it touched the hands of two amazing grippers.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Here is a picture I’m willing to share. I will also add this gripper weighs much more than the rest of my grippers besides my Tetting Hercules. 

Here it is next to a 223 rgc #4. Both rated by CPW.

9C49A2E5-A1D9-4C53-B146-3E3E19C3F44C.jpeg

Always love to see Atom Gripz grippers. Haven't had mine rated, but it's also pristine matte gun metal (although a tri band). 

It's definitely my personal favourite and at least I can confirm it has actually been closed by human hands haha. It's so pristine that I still have (and store it with) the cylinder band things it was originally shipped with!

20240115_173215.thumb.jpg.3d48d4d65706a9b0ec394af576aa419e.jpg

• Like 9

The two big ugly ones on the outsides are ones that I made when I first started getting in the grip. The two in the middle are ones that my sons bought me one year for my birthday.

IMG_2364.jpeg

• Like 11

On 2/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, Bearcat 74 said:

My Silver Crush set of T, 1, 2, 3 and my reverse wound #1 are my favorites. The Silver Crushes were gifts from great friends and I lucked into the reverse wound #1. 

Was out coyote hunting and sat down next to the old saw blade so I packed it home  

Left to right

Reverse steel handle #1

Silver Crush T

Silver Crush #1

Silver Crush #2

Silver Crush #3

Silver BBE with #3 Stamp

Silver BBE with E stamp

IMG_2786.jpeg

• Like 11

way cool , I like your display

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Was out coyote hunting and sat down next to the old saw blade so I packed it home  

Left to right

Reverse steel handle #1

Silver Crush T

Silver Crush #1

Silver Crush #2

Silver Crush #3

Silver BBE with #3 Stamp

Silver BBE with E stamp

IMG_2786.jpeg

Thats way cool. 

i have tons of coyotes in my neighborhood, breaking into trash and attacking pets.  Wish I could do the same but the neighbors wouldn't like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearcat 74 said:

Left to right

Reverse steel handle #1

Silver Crush T

Silver Crush #1

Silver Crush #2

Silver Crush #3

Silver BBE with #3 Stamp

Silver BBE with E stamp

IMG_2786.jpeg

That reverse wound stainless #1 is my favorite gripper I WISH I had! 😀

• Like 1

I think the Tungsten I got is my new favorite.  It looks amazing, rated a rare 200, and I can actually train with it.

20240116_183720.jpg

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I think the Tungsten I got is my new favorite.  It looks amazing, rated a rare 200, and I can actually train with it.

20240116_183720.jpg

So cool. It has the added cool factor of having a big ole dubya at the bottom. 

• Like 4

Because of being a gift from a dear friend, it is definitely these, which shortly after this photo had Matt rate them, and used in the StrongHold comp. 

IMG_6328.jpeg

Edited by Aroostook Barbell
  • Like 4

SUPPER COOL

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 11:56 AM, Bearcat 74 said:

Left to right

Reverse steel handle #1

Silver Crush T

Silver Crush #1

Silver Crush #2

Silver Crush #3

Silver BBE with #3 Stamp

Silver BBE with E stamp

IMG_2786.jpeg

This is one of the coolest gripper displays I’ve ever seen…. and a small TREASURE of grippers.. beautiful stuff man.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, deadgrip said:

This is one of the coolest gripper displays I’ve ever seen…. and a small TREASURE of grippers.. beautiful stuff man.

Thanks, I’m very lucky to have accumulated them.

I forgot to mention that the barn wood was from my great grandfathers barn he build in the late 1940’s. 

• Like 6

On 1/15/2024 at 5:33 PM, Slipshod said:

Always love to see Atom Gripz grippers. Haven't had mine rated, but it's also pristine matte gun metal (although a tri band). 

It's definitely my personal favourite and at least I can confirm it has actually been closed by human hands haha. It's so pristine that I still have (and store it with) the cylinder band things it was originally shipped with!

20240115_173215.thumb.jpg.3d48d4d65706a9b0ec394af576aa419e.jpg

That is a real beauty 😍

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

When you think about it, the 140 iron is my most valuable clamp to achieve my goal. I like that the handles are close to the amounts which is a plus on a mental level for the appreciation of the grippers

WIN_20240210_05_53_33_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

UPDATE:

Previously, my most treasured gripper had always been my Tetting Super Master rated at 139. Now it has been supplanted. 

I won the fastest fingers contest on NYE, and I originally told @Cannon that I wanted the next Standard Nickel rated at 157 because it would fill a gap in my gripper progression. Before that number came up in Cannon's rating, however, I watched the awesome podcast put out by @pancho_grip_lift, and I saw that awesome purple spectrum RB280N.  My oldest daughter's favorite color is purple, and she has ALWAYS told me that I HAVE to get a purple gripper, so I reached out to Matt, and he said that I could have that very gripper for my contest win.  On top of that, given the backstory for why I wanted it, he made my daughter her very own name tag to go on the gripper. Just because he's awesome. She was thrilled to get it, and now it is my most treasured gripper. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7cfdc953b63332bc320675320ec0f22c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.408770eb8bf12103c771d9870c9e268d.jpeg

In second place is the next gripper. With the old MM cert closing down as I felt like I was finally approaching being ready for it, I was pretty bummed. Then I was bummed again when my bids didn't cut it for the auction. As a result, I was looking for an MM1 replica to use one day to prove to myself that I could've started climbing the MM ladder. @Allen Heineck delivered, and I ended up with this awesome MM1 replica, which had the added benefit of hitting the number I wanted from  CPW in the first place, 157.  Plus, it has one of the old 'Joann Bottle Caps' from the early days of CPW. So cool. 

image.thumb.jpeg.844ed9052fbe49fac5b081b104273b3c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12dfb1fb369d0e1f6cbc15fa654be2e2.jpeg

• Like 19

SO COOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

UPDATE:

Previously, my most treasured gripper had always been my Tetting Super Master rated at 139. Now it has been supplanted. 

I won the fastest fingers contest on NYE, and I originally told @Cannon that I wanted the next Standard Nickel rated at 157 because it would fill a gap in my gripper progression. Before that number came up in Cannon's rating, however, I watched the awesome podcast put out by @pancho_grip_lift, and I saw that awesome purple spectrum RB280N.  My oldest daughter's favorite color is purple, and she has ALWAYS told me that I HAVE to get a purple gripper, so I reached out to Matt, and he said that I could have that very gripper for my contest win.  On top of that, given the backstory for why I wanted it, he made my daughter her very own name tag to go on the gripper. Just because he's awesome. She was thrilled to get it, and now it is my most treasured gripper. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7cfdc953b63332bc320675320ec0f22c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.408770eb8bf12103c771d9870c9e268d.jpeg

In second place is the next gripper. With the old MM cert closing down as I felt like I was finally approaching being ready for it, I was pretty bummed. Then I was bummed again when my bids didn't cut it for the auction. As a result, I was looking for an MM1 replica to use one day to prove to myself that I could've started climbing the MM ladder. @Allen Heineck delivered, and I ended up with this awesome MM1 replica, which had the added benefit of hitting the number I wanted from  CPW in the first place, 157.  Plus, it has one of the old 'Joann Bottle Caps' from the early days of CPW. So cool. 

image.thumb.jpeg.844ed9052fbe49fac5b081b104273b3c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12dfb1fb369d0e1f6cbc15fa654be2e2.jpeg

Now those are two great grippers right there with an awesome story to go with them. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Now those are two great grippers right there with an awesome story to go with them. 

Thanks! I plan on giving my purple spectrum to my daughter when I go, hopefully a LONG time from now. Just a really nice little memento. 

As for the immediate future: it must be crushed!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My most treasured gripper is probably my 1st gen 255 GHP Level 10, in pristine condition.

IMG_3973.thumb.jpeg.fae0fa4bf4fde5b61eb12a844ff681b4.jpegIMG_3974.thumb.jpeg.7389fbc67734613ab1eb3fdf2d7afc54.jpegIMG_3975.thumb.jpeg.de571b15fa1613902baeb246770ede11.jpegIMG_3977.thumb.jpeg.6afbfc0d98743d91de4365b11946eebd.jpegIMG_3979.thumb.jpeg.3ee65451fd9c0113512640474ce4175a.jpeg

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 10

On 17/01/2024 at 14:14, dubyagrip said:

Je pense que le tungstène que j'ai acheté est mon nouveau préféré. Il a l'air incroyable, noté un rare 200, et je peux réellement m'entraîner avec.

20240116_183720.jpg

very beautiful gripper with very rare effective knurling figure and gripper between coc 4; for me it's a collector's gripper

• Like 2