Red Nail Challenge For TJ

Jaden Majensky

A little late to the race for this one, but it was fun to do anyways. Went through this as well as the 8" x 3/8 Spike challenge completed by Don. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaden Majensky said:

A little late to the race for this one, but it was fun to do anyways. Went through this as well as the 8" x 3/8 Spike challenge completed by Don. 

Jaden comes out swingin’! Killer bend homie!

bending reds that easy, and bending 80Ds, it looks to me like your ready for a 7” SS hex in imps! Which, by the way, used to be a qualifying bend to be eligible for a Battle Bar cert on Bender’s Battlefield. And is no bend to scoff at. Got any SS hex homie??

• Like 2

Thanks Man! Yeah I'm pretty sure I've got some of that stock hidden away somewhere from FBBC. Definitely want to take that bar down in the near future.

• Like 1

Perfect! Okay couple of pointers on the hex. First, the hex is one of the easiest bars to get a tight wrap on. Simply wrap as usual, put bands on, then you can twist the wraps even tighter as they bite into the corners of the hex. It will likely be the tightest wraps you ever felt after you twist the shit out of them.

Second, since we are talking SS, go ahead and leave the bands on your first one so you can take breaks and shake some blood back into the hands as it binds up after the sweep and starts to give you a pump. Leaving the bands on allows you to not have to dick around with re wrapping after letting go with a hand.  If you’ve never bent stainless hex, get ready for a fight on the crush. Shit is springy. So long hard hits and hold.

I think you will get it at 7”.

• Like 3

Right on, thanks for all the pointers man! I'm sure you'll see me soon enough taking a shot at one. That's where I'm stuck on the Edgin right now in imps is in that sweep so I know that's where I need to focus my work for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Jaden Majensky said:

Right on, thanks for all the pointers man! I'm sure you'll see me soon enough taking a shot at one. That's where I'm stuck on the Edgin right now in imps is in that sweep so I know that's where I need to focus my work for sure. 

For sure! An Edgin is very close to the 7” ss hex. In fact, an Edgin in imps was the other qualifier to be eligible for the Battle Bar. But imo, a slightly less unruly bend than the Edgin, on account of equally tight wraps on both sides of the hex. The SS hex and the Edgin are so close in difficulty, that the only factor that makes the Edgin a harder bend is the nature of a looser wrap on the head side of the bolt. That won’t be a factor for the hex. In imps you’ll have to rev yourself up hard to get through it tho. Maybe even have a drink or two and loosen up a bit before hand.

• Like 1