$$$

Tommy J.

$100 to anyone who bends an 80D DO unbraced (no more than 1.5” wraps) by Jan 10th. 5 minute time limit. COMPLETED!

$50 to anyone who bends an Edgin DO in single IMPs in under a minute by Jan 10th COMPLETED!

$25 to anyone who bends a red nail DO in single IMPs, no bands, in under 10 seconds by Jan 10th: COMPLETED!

Video submissions only. Right here in this thread. uncut. including measuring diameter of steel with digital micrometer, ruler or tape measure for length, wrapping, and bar must not leave frame.

payout will only be given to the first successful bender of each challenge. No multiple payouts for the same bend. In other words, if some other cat already took the money for completion of that listed bend, you ain’t getting paid for that one also! You can, however, do all 3 and get paid for each bend.

Extra $25 for under 200lb’ers to complete listed bends. For those aiming for the under 200lb bonus monies, you must step on zero’d out scale and show that you weigh under 200lbs to prove BW in submitted bending vid with no edits.

No slick stuff, or punning on unlisted rules. If your unsure or would like more clarification on rules, ask here.

I want to give money to badass benders for they’re (their?) efforts. Not magicians. Come get it!

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 12

I saw this thread on the road. At home I saw that the Red Nail was completed. So I went in my hut...
I don´t have an 80d Nail here and no similar thing.
Also I don´t have an Edgin here, but I take a 8.8 Bolt (as all of the benders know, a similar thing).

But I´m fine when you say: Nope, it´s not an Edgin - your challenge, your money, your rules.
It´s also great to share some videos here for the community and perhaps to motivate some to bend or someone to dust off his old pads 😉

Here is my bend and my bodyweight. Cheers from Germany!

Edited by Horrido
  • Like 7

Nicely done Donc101 !! And horrido weather it is good or not it was still a great bend! Great bend on both your videos Guys  bad ass I tried the Edgin bolt but could not finish it but I’ll get there 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Horrido said:

I saw this thread on the road. At home I saw that the Red Nail was completed. So I went in my hut...
I don´t have an 80d Nail here and no similar thing.
Also I don´t have an Edgin here, but I take a 8.8 Bolt (as all of the benders know, a similar thing).

But I´m fine when you say: Nope, it´s not an Edgin - your challenge, your money, your rules.
It´s also great to share some videos here for the community and perhaps to motivate some to bend or someone to dust off his old pads 😉

Here is my bend and my bodyweight. Cheers from Germany!

Sorry for the delay fellas. Working nights and sleeping days.

Horrido, based off having also bent class 8.8 bolts, I can assure they are close to most average Edgin’s. With 1 small caveat, that they are more consistent. Edgin’s vary bad enough that some of them are freaks. That said, I will accept the class 8.8 as an Edgin equal. Congrats on smoking this bend in UNDER 20 seconds! Edgin Challenge completed! And an extra $25 dollars will be awarded for BW bonus. Well done, sir! So far I think your prime candidate for the under 200lb category.

p.s., I love the pic of Brzenk’s forearm on the top left of the wall. That’s the pic where he closes the Captains of Crush gripper from a hook position.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Here is an 80D

Yep! Good bend! PM with PayPal!

To those who completed the challenge bends and have already been paid, please post here in the thread and let everyone reading know that this isn’t a joke.

i remember back when I was bending wishing someone would have done the same. If for nothing more than to negate the cost on all the steel I was going through.

once again, well done fellas. And keep your eyes peeled for more threads like this one in the future. Because I’m not done here. until this leads to some off the chart bends.

• Like 2

@Tommy J. Huge thanks man. This Challenge is absolutely crazy because that is a lot of money. Hats off to you for this move. And thanks for the kind words.

Yes this pic, the feat and the guy is absolutely badass!

Also congrats to @Stanley sallee and @Donc101 nice bends and also great to see that this Challenge was done in only a few hours.

This shows that Steel Bending is still alive, no matter that there are no more certifications out there at the moment (which ist really a shame).

Edit: payment was directly done by Tommy!

Edited by Horrido
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horrido said:

@Tommy J. Huge thanks man. This Challenge is absolutely crazy because that is a lot of money. Hats off to you for this move. And thanks for the kind words.

Yes this pic, the feat and the guy is absolutely badass!

Also congrats to @Stanley sallee and @Donc101 nice bends and also great to see that this Challenge was done in only a few hours.

This shows that Steel Bending is still alive, no matter that there are no more certifications out there at the moment (which ist really a shame).

Thank you, sir. I’m glad to shake things up in bending once again. But the hat belongs being tipped in yalls direction. Not mine.

$25 to Stanley in less than 10 seconds

$75 to Horrido in less than 20 seconds

and $100 to Donc in less that 5 minutes.

making Horrido the most efficient earner today.

Again, well done fellas!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazing move @Tommy J. and well done guys on the bends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

To those who completed the challenge bends and have already been paid, please post here in the thread and let everyone reading know that this isn’t a joke.

i remember back when I was bending wishing someone would have done the same. If for nothing more than to negate the cost on all the steel I was going through.

once again, well done fellas. And keep your eyes peeled for more threads like this one in the future. Because I’m not done here. until this leads to some off the chart bends.

Huge thanks to Tommy for doing this challenge! Very fun. @Horrido and @Stanley sallee great job on your bends and congrats.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stanley sallee said:

Big thanks to @Tommy J. for the contest and for paying ! Was no games once he saw the video I had the money ! And great job to the other guys @Horrido @Donc101 for completing there bends ! 

No sweat man. That was a solid bend. And I’d like to see you dive deeper in. Next step if you haven’t done it would be a shiny bastard at 7”. Then a hex bastard at 7”. Then a shiny hex bastard at 7”. Then the next step up after that is an Edgin. Then 6.5” shiny, 6.5” hex, etc. etc.

holler at me if you end up stuck as you climb.

• Like 1

It is a pity that I saw it only now, I could earn a little))

13 minutes ago, Vankovich_Kirill said:

It is a pity that I saw it only now, I could earn a little))

There will be more cash bend challenges. 😎

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:26 AM, Tommy J. said:

Can you post one for TNS gripper-close to body-weight ratio (and of course as with any grip-related challenge, don't tell Tanner)?  ;)

JK of course.  Was fun to watch those bends and that was a cool way to sail back onto the board, man.  See you at the next Texas comp (I plan to fly down for any grip or arm lifting shenanigans down by you this year if I don't have my son or NAGS that weekend).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Can you post one for TNS gripper-close to body-weight ratio (and of course as with any grip-related challenge, don't tell Tanner)?  ;)

JK of course.  Was fun to watch those bends and that was a cool way to sail back onto the board, man.  See you at the next Texas comp (I plan to fly down for any grip or arm lifting shenanigans down by you this year if I don't have my son or NAGS that weekend).

Thanks homie!

See you then! 

as far as grip/cash challenges, I sort of hoped maybe a promoter or two might follow suit and do the same with grip challenges. Would certainly liven the place up a bit. And maybe even bring some sleeping giant grip guys out of hibernation. I don’t have the same love for grip as I do bending tho. So no cash/grip challenges from me.

However, in the event I see a cash/grip challenge actually take place, no way I wouldn’t tell Tanner and Adam. 😁 imma make sure the homies TAKE that money!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

$175 for all three?? 😁

Challenge over big guy. Catch the next one(s). Which may or may not be worth more potential total money. but the challenge bend or bends will indeed be harder. 

But to clarify, there was potential in this challenge to win a total of $250. Only paid out $200 tho.

• Like 1