My first 5/16" x 7" G2 Bolt!

Squeezus

Looked good dude!

Gil, also feel like I need to say something.. you! Need to stick with bending a while. All the tools are there. Do not waste them.

was going for dramatic effect there... how’d I do?? 😬

• Like 4

Should have gone with more of a Shatner punctuation/pronunciation, so 4/10 on the drama scale.

The .295 drill rod should be harder than a 5/16 G2, so might be a hard bolt. I'd put a 1/4×6 G5 on par with a 5/16x6 G2 based on the ones I've done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can’t resist throwing in the suspense.

i did mean it tho. Gil has just enough muscle to take things up a notch or ten with bending. obviously has superior hand/wrist strength considering his grip exploits. Technique looks great. And he seems sharp enough that he may not even need coaching. 🤷🏼‍♂️

so like I said, don’t waste it.

Gil, you still having back issues? If so, bending will serve as a perfect pastime until the back is ready to lift again.

I'm tryna motivate here. On the real.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, wobbler said:

Should have gone with more of a Shatner punctuation/pronunciation, so 4/10 on the drama scale.

The .295 drill rod should be harder than a 5/16 G2, so might be a hard bolt. I'd put a 1/4×6 G5 on par with a 5/16x6 G2 based on the ones I've done.

These 7" x 5/16" G2s must be hard or something, because I can kill 1/4" G5's all day long and this was a struggle. I also noticed the radius of the bend was really small, which I think usually means the nail is harder. I can mail you a couple if you wanna try. I got them from McMaster.

45 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I can’t resist throwing in the suspense.

i did mean it tho. Gil has just enough muscle to take things up a notch or ten with bending. obviously has superior hand/wrist strength considering his grip exploits. Technique looks great. And he seems sharp enough that he may not even need coaching. 🤷🏼‍♂️

so like I said, don’t waste it.

Gil, you still having back issues? If so, bending will serve as a perfect pastime until the back is ready to lift again.

I'm tryna motivate here. On the real.

Thanks, Tommy. My back is still on the mend, yes, but I am fortunately able to do most of the stuff that I want to do. I'm about 8mo out from surgery and I am back up to deadlifting 325 pretty easily for reps with only minor soreness for the next couple of days. I have a coach getting me ready for the Arnold, so I should be up to 400ish by then for axle.

Barring injuries, I plan to bend at least until I certify on the Red Nail. I may stay at it to do some FBBC certs too. We'll see how I feel about it then.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

These 7" x 5/16" G2s must be hard or something, because I can kill 1/4" G5's all day long and this was a struggle. I also noticed the radius of the bend was really small, which I think usually means the nail is harder. I can mail you a couple if you wanna try. I got them from McMaster.

Thanks, Tommy. My back is still on the mend, yes, but I am fortunately able to do most of the stuff that I want to do. I'm about 8mo out from surgery and I am back up to deadlifting 325 pretty easily for reps with only minor soreness for the next couple of days. I have a coach getting me ready for the Arnold, so I should be up to 400ish by then for axle.

Barring injuries, I plan to bend at least until I certify on the Red Nail. I may stay at it to do some FBBC certs too. We'll see how I feel about it then.

Word.

And to the bold- 100% correct. With CRS, the sharper the apex the stiffer the steel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wobbler said:

I just went down and tried a 1/4x7 G5 that I bought from McMaster and it was easy. These 5/16x7 G2s must be on the hard end.

• Like 1