Left Handed Close

rbrown

Saturday I was able to close my #3 with my left hand for the first time. I think it has just taken a while for my left hand to become coordinated with the grippers. When I first started my left hand wasn't really even close. Saturday I was also only about a credit card width away from a no-set close with the 3 with my right hand. That goal will be met very soon. Hopefully next weekend.

The KTA program works very well; I haven't followed it to the letter (mainly because of all of my other weight training), but it is still working great for me. I've just made sure all of my closes with a 1 or 2 are with no set; that seems to have gone a long way towards getting me close to a no set with the 3.

Good work on the left hand close!!!! :)

It's my personal bane that my left hand has trouble with the grippers seeing as how I'm left handed. I've seen several back posts on the subject something to do about how the gripper is spring is wound.

Jon@han

It's my personal bane that my left hand has trouble with the grippers seeing as how I'm left handed.

Same here. The closest I've gotten lefty is about 2mm. My elbow acted up from doing negatives so I backed off a bit with my left. I still haven't really found that sweet spot with my left.

BC.

Congratulations Ryan! I'm still stuck 1/16 of an inch away.

Great job. The first time I closed the 3 lefty was the day I was certified. Since then I have closed it every try. I think it was more mental than anything else.