SW Region comp 2020 heads up

acorn

On 2/6/2020 at 8:37 PM, JHenze646 said:

What does the crusher with bushings look like?

C9A18631-CC79-420E-84F7-648C13B5EB94.jpeg

9991CA7B-4C2C-4FBF-ADB7-76EF78764176.jpeg

• Like 5

On 1/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, Rogo said:

Late to chime in on this but I plan to be there. Very curious about the potential for this 2.25" FBBC crusher. I really enjoyed the 2" event from 2 years ago.

I like it alot. Just slightly above my comfort zone vs the way outside what I get a good hold on like 2.5 or the questionable hold on 2 3/8. 2 3/8 and above always feel like a pinch to me with my finger tips so far apart wrapped around it.

Going to try and get the entry form updated and available this week. Has anyone booked travel yet? Trying to get some idea on who is coming. Oh and I started making the proposed gripper like tool weekend before last. Worked on it some this last weekend as well. Hope it works like I imagine.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, acorn said:

Going to try and get the entry form updated and available this week. Has anyone booked travel yet? Trying to get some idea on who is coming. Oh and I started making the proposed gripper like tool weekend before last. Worked on it some this last weekend as well. Hope it works like I imagine.

- Aaron

Im definitely in!!

• Like 1

Like last year, Tanner, Adam, and I will be driving out together.

Edit: Tommy's joining us!  

Edited by EricMilfeld
  • Like 2

Kate and I are in the process of booking babysitters and flights.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Like last year, Tanner, Adam, and I will be driving out together.

Edit: Tommy's joining us!  

And me!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

And me!!!

And you!  Maybe we need to rent a VW bus.

• Like 2

Just now, EricMilfeld said:

And you!  Maybe we need to rent a VW bus.

Id chip in for that! Arizona aint ready for that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also at this point I may not be competing in this one, just running it this time. Health has not been great and training has dwindled to almost nothing since the beginning of the year as a result. 

- Aaron

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, acorn said:

Also at this point I may not be competing in this one, just running it this time. Health has not been great and training has dwindled to almost nothing since the beginning of the year as a result. 

- Aaron

Aaron you got to do what’s best for your family and yourself bro. It’s a wonderful time spent with you lifting or just kicked back in chair 👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey can get a roll call of who is coming out? 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 1

Just now, AdamTGlass said:

Aaron you got to do what’s best for your family and yourself bro. It’s a wonderful time spent with you lifting or just kicked back in chair 👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊

Thanks buddy. 

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Hey can get a roll call of who is coming out? 

You know ill be in the van!! 😎

• Haha 1

I'm planning on being there, but will likely not compete either.  My training time has just not been optimal this winter, in part because my daughter wanted to do self defense training and insisted on me joining her in the classes so she would feel comfortable (my cardio fitness has never been better though 😉 ).  However, I think I'm on track to get the trophy components to Aaron in the next few weeks, so he can begin finish any fab and final assembly, etc.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bwwm said:

I'm planning on being there, but will likely not compete either.  My training time has just not been optimal this winter, in part because my daughter wanted to do self defense training and insisted on me joining her in the classes so she would feel comfortable (my cardio fitness has never been better though 😉 ).  However, I think I'm on track to get the trophy components to Aaron in the next few weeks, so he can begin finish any fab and final assembly, etc.  

I have been kicking around an idea for how to do the trophies this year and integrate your blacksmithed pieces. I think I came up with a good final idea yesterday finally and plan to start on what I can soon for that, welding and machining wise. I have a perfect spot to integrate the skull and cross bones finally. I still need to come up with wood for bases though.

- Aaron

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The entry form is up and available here:  http://www.az-grip.com/contests.php

Also I was able to get some more work done on the Gripper like tool and get the top for the first trophy welded up yesterday to work out the dimensions. Making progress.

Who's Coming?

20200227_160424-1.thumb.jpg.c7d177dcf7454ae08fd3ec6076c623ab.jpg

20200227_160431-1.thumb.jpg.35b64fd3af920b47114b500ec6c3c3ca.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A bunch of rowdy deplorables from Texas 💪💪💪💪💪

• Like 2

Entries in:

Name                               Class           Paid/Not Paid       

1) Stephen Anderson    M105+         Not Paid

2) Eric Milfeld                 M105            Paid

3) Adam T Glass            M105            Not Paid

Guys let me know if I am guessing incorrectly on the class (83kg, 105kg or 105+)

Edited by acorn
  • Like 3

Quick question: if we go with the gripper-like device will it require setting it?  Or am I safe training only no-sets?

I just registered, by the way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Quick question: if we go with the gripper-like device will it require setting it?  Or am I safe training only no-sets?

I just registered, by the way.

Thank you for registering! If the gripper like device works as expected it will be a shortened spread. Maybe a bit wider than MMS and at most 30mm. I am making it with adjustable spread but I am still going to need to test it to make sure it will have enough tension for the big boys at the top end with the reduced spread and the spring setup I am planning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, acorn said:

Thank you for registering! If the gripper like device works as expected it will be a shortened spread. Maybe a bit wider than MMS and at most 30mm. I am making it with adjustable spread but I am still going to need to test it to make sure it will have enough tension for the big boys at the top end with the reduced spread and the spring setup I am planning. 

Thanks, Aaron!  

I meant to say "choked grippers", as opposed to "no-sets".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Thanks, Aaron!  

I meant to say "choked grippers", as opposed to "no-sets".

If it doesn't work out with the new device it will just be plain old 20mm block set. I think it is gonna work though. I'll put up some pictures after I make a bit more progress on int.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, acorn said:

Entries in:

Name                               Class           Paid/Not Paid       

1) Stephen Anderson    M105+         Not Paid

2) Eric Milfeld                 M105            Paid

3) Adam T Glass            M105            Not Paid

Guys let me know if I am guessing incorrectly on the class (83kg, 105kg or 105+)

Well, I just received some discouraging news. Last week the surgeon said I’d need to abstain from training for a week after yesterday’s cataract surgery. Today the other doctor suggested a month. I’ll get a definite answer next Tuesday. If I can resume heavy lifting in a week I’ll be competing at 105+, otherwise I’d probably come in under 105 and then reevaluate whether I wish to compete.