Choking Up On The Gripper?

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

I have been doing alot more no set closes as of late and something I have been doing is placing my hands as close to the spring as I can and still remain on the handles. Its pretty tough and makes 1 and 2s much harder. This has been the main bulk of my gripper work along with a couple attempts on my #3 which I am making a stab at.

Has anyone else used the method of closing the gripper much closer to the spring? has it made any difference? I have had the thoughts that everytime I started training my grippers I am always looking for some secret method or some change in set or style. I seem to have forgotten plain simple hard work. This time around I am going to just let the volume of the shuts do the work for me.

Edited by Jeff Roark

Jeff, I used to hold as close to the springs as I could for some cool down sets of 3. I got to being able to almost close the #2 this way and was able to do the #1 for a couple of sets, it is much harder in my opinion. I did not personally notice any carry over effect, it is such a different feel. On the other hand , it is probably as useful as inverted training, works for some people, but maybe not everyone. Mike

Harder is better. It will make you stronger faster.